help with sickness

hira

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am 23 weeks preganant, have had anomaly scan and baby is well, the only problem i am having is with sickness, i keep getting a cough which results in vomiting, i have had this from start of pregnanacy, i am taking simple linctus but this has not made much difference and sea bands have not worked eithier.
Any ideas or tips would be grateful.

Are you looking for help with the cough or the naseau/vomiting? For "morning" sickness I take zofran and swear by it. Hope you feel better!

I need help with cough, as the cough results in sickness.

Thanks

I've had the same-- though I get sick without the cough as well. I finally realised that in my case the cough is part of the ms. I'd ask your dr. If you have a mild chest infection, they can give you antibiotics (amoxicillin). I know in my case, I only seem to cough when I move around and get out of bed for some reason.

If you are having reflux, that can also cause a cough and is pretty common in pregnancy... have you tried taking gaviscon or any sort of antacids to see if that helps? liquid ones are best if its causing a cough and gaviscon is perfectly safe for pregnancy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->