Help with spelling if our DD's2 name!! & opinions please!! Only 3weeks to go!

Junemummy2

Reaction score
Hey ladies!

So at our 20 week scan we found out we were having a second little girl. Very chuffed as there are no boys names I truly love.!

Anyway I have found it so hard finding an uncommon, pretty name I love for a girl too. When I named our first DD, Isla wasn't common but it now is!

Anyway I saw Everly floating around one day and I really love it. oH agreed he liked it with my middle name Kerris as her middle name. It kind of stuck as a NN for bump and now our DD1 calls bump baby Everly and refuses to accept she is anything but baby Everly. All fine with us.

Have a few Q's though for you all:-

1. Do you like it? - I love it but just unsure it's a bit too out there and will
Invite mispronunciation and comments such as its just Beverly without the B. ( have had from lots of people). Although when asked for our name choice I have been vague and not told many people for This reason. A lot of people have compared it to the Everly brothers too! Or said it sounds silly with Isla as it sounds like "Ebony & Ivory" (when put with Isla).

2. Which spelling so you think is best? I'd like it to be spelt how it needs to be pronounced, feminine but also I am not a fan of making up spellings just for sake of it. I like it spelt

Everlie

Other versions I have seen:-

Everly
Everley
Everleigh (don't like)
Everlee (OH prefers)
Evelie (I like this best but worried it would it be pronounced eve - lee)

Any help and opinions very gratefully received. I have 3 weeks left till my section and just can't decide at all!!!

Thanks in advance!!!

Xx

i think Evelie looks very pretty. with alot of names pronunciation problems happen but once you correct someone they wont get it wrong again.

also spelt that way as she is older if she decides she's not too keen on her name (children go through this stage, i know i did, i insisted on being called fiona for a period of 2 years because i didnt like my name. im Rachel :rofl: ) then she can always call herself Eve.

Evelie is deffinately very pretty so gets my vote.

nope names like these seem to becoming slightly more popular, just makes me think of Erin Everly (Axl rose from guns and roses ex wife)

I really like the name, and I'd spell it as Everly or Everlie.

Personally, I don't like it, sorry. However, the spellings I prefer are Everley and Everlee.

:flower:

I actually love it. A cousin was thinking of naming her boy Everly (ended up giving him the middle name Everett), and before that, I had never heard of it.

Everlie or Everly, either spelling looks great.

Congrats on another little :pink: bundle of joy!!

1- I don't dislike it, but it's not something I would choose. I agree that it looks like Beverly without the B, and to me that isn't a bad thing, but I know others can be harsh. I don't think it would be mispronounced with any of your spellings except Evelie to me looks really silly and would definitely sound like "Eve-Lee". The R seems necessary in this name, IMO. I think Isla & Everly sound very nice together!!

2- I like Everlie or Everley best I think.

I like Evelie. I pondered it for my second daughter but my husband didn't like it. We ended up calling her Evelyn (ev-uh-lyn).

If you like it, go for it, it's pretty.

Thanks for all your help and opinions ladies!!!

You have actually made me feel a lot more positive about calling her Everlie!

I still haven't decided on a spelling but I think it's between Everlie and Everley!

Thank you all!

p.s. i love Evelyn! - my husband doesn't!! Funny men! Ha ha!!

& to the lady calling her baby Rafferty - LOVE it!! That was my number 1 boys name but DH not keen! :-( xx

I prefer Everlie I think with a y it looks a bit chavvy?!? Don't know why haha but I think it looks like high class and pretty!

I love it and I didn't even think of Beverly until you mentioned it.
I prefer ever lie spelling.
Love love love it.

My sister in law is named everlee. She turns 2 in August. Love her name. Never heard anyone else even mention the name. I thought my stepmom in law made it up. Lol

I love Everley, can't use it though as I have a Evie!

Everley or Eveley gets my vote on spelling :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->