Help with supply

sedgeez

Mummy to my rainbow
Reaction score
I'm having trouble with my milk supply because I was so unwell after birth.

I ended up combi feeding as I was too unwell to feed her everytime. Since then my supply has gone downhill. Now I'm well enough and want to exclusively breastfeed again as I miss the closeness it gives us and I know it's best for her.

I'm only managing to express 1 oz with both boobs combined. I used to be able to do about 3oz each. She feeds 5-6oz every 3-4 hours at the moment.
I couldn't pump as much as I'd have liked recently due to me being super busy and tired but now I have started regularly again.

I'm taking fenugreek (have been for 4 days) and I'm pumping multiple times a day but I'm not seeing an improvement yet. I feel really disappointed.

I'm going to keep trying though as I'm determined to get there.

Any advice?

I believe that you are pumping because it was difficult for you to feed baby in the beginning due to sickness? How about now, is the baby able to latch, or are you exclusively pumping?
I started pumping due to latch issues and was worried about supply too. We started combi feeds but by third week we were EBF.
Having the baby feed directly can increase your supply a lot. Also are you taking fenugreek capsules or herb? You could try cumin and dill. Just add them to your meals. Skin to skin with baby is also very helpful. Just take baby to bed with you and snuggle away! :)

you should take fenugreek and blessed thistle they work better together (you should smell like maple syrup if your taking enough fenugreek.) If you can get LO to latch that is the best way to increase. Get lots of skin to skin.
Keep LO in a sling or wrap as much as you can so LO has easy access.
Eat oatmeal (not instant)
You can make lactation cookies.
Drink plenty of water.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"