Help with temping!!

sunshine2014

Reaction score
Help lol

This is my first month temping and really, the first week. I know it's way to early to tell anything. But here's a background. I seem to have 23 day cycles with predicted ovulation around day 10.

Is this much of a dip normal? I temp at the same time every day, as soon as I wake up at 6am.

Thanks!!! I'm so confused.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 12
Yes hun thats pretty normal...I used to get huge temp dips when charting few years back...good sign of ovulation ...good luck this cycle :) x

Temps/charts often alter, if you click on mine at the bottom of this post you can see all my charts this year, you can have big dips.

I found temping orally was no good for me as sometimes I sleep with my mouth open or grab a glass of water in my sleep from bedside cabinet so I take my temps vaginally.

Good luck and hope you get a rise tomorrow and start to show you have ovulated

Yes, usually a big drop in temp means ovulation is imminent! :D What was your temp today?

I've also heard that this doesn't happen to all women, and it may not happen every cycle. If you don't get your BFP this month, keep that in mind so you're not freaked out next cycle if you don't see a similar big drop. :winkwink:

Thanks! :)

Today it shot back up again. So now I have 3 steady days, one super low and then one super high. Based on what I've read, it's normal to rise after ovulation?

We dtd on 8, 9 and 10. Then the drop/rise happened the day after. This is SO confusing lol

Must admit I have only taken my temperature twice, yesterday and today and mine dropped too! I was like OMG! I'm no where near ovulation though so I imagine as said that the charts are all over the place! :)

In my experience, my temps stay below 97.9 during AF and up to O day. Once O day arrives, my temps spike to 98 or higher and stay that way until my next AF visit. This is how I know I've O'd. Everyone is different though.

Sunshine, I think you've Od!!! I don't know what your exact temp was today, but typically a big rise after a sharp low indicates ovulation. If your temp stays high over the next few days, you've definitely ovulated. By looking at your chart, and knowing that your temp went up today, I'd say you Od sometime between yesterday's temping and this morning's. FX for you, hun!

:dust:

YAY!!!!

Heres a better picture of the spike that occurred today. I hope I did O!!! My only concern is that hubby was only here until Monday afternoon....sooooo fingers crossed we dtd enough before he left.

Attachments

• unnamed.png
    unnamed.png
    40.9 KB · Views: 6
YAY!!!!

Heres a better picture of the spike that occurred today. I hope I did O!!! My only concern is that hubby was only here until Monday afternoon....sooooo fingers crossed we dtd enough before he left.

Fingers crossed :hugs:

Thanks! Unfortunately we were only together for 8/9 and 10 this month. We're apart for the next week. FX for all of us. !!!!!!

Like the others have said, the dip can be normal and sometimes precedes O. Usually you know you O'd when your temp rises about 0.4F or so above the other temps. So not to be a downer, but looking at your chart I don't think you've O'd yet because the rise in temp still isn't very high above your other temps. But I am not an expert and am hoping for you that you did O. 3 days of sustained high temps usually confirms O. GL!

Thanks for the honesty - I think you're right. My temp went even higher today, 97.85. I also have slight cramps in my right side. It's a bummer, but maybe it will be a case of SUPER sperm haha, please live wayyyy past the normal expected timeframe. Thank you! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->