help with trying to conceive

eyescoco

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm in my early 30's with regular menstruation. My husband and I have been trying for a baby for the last 2 months and it is so disappointing at the end of each cycle... no babies.

I am very regular and recently my period has been 27 days instead of the usual 28 to 32 days pattern. We've been relying on the mucus observation technique but nothing yet. I am relying on the egg yolk stretchy consistency to detect ovulation and acted on it but no success.

2010 has been a very stressful year, my husband was made redundant and was out of a job for few months. Could that have affected his sperm count?Or, my husband suffers from insomnia, may that be another cause?

Can any of you please assist.

thanks

eyescoco

if all is well with you and your OH ie, you ovulate, have open tubes, normal womb lining, he has normal sperm count, :sex: every other day through your cycle there is still only a 20% chance of conceiving per month.

about 90% of couples fall pregnant in 12 months, so some will fall in month one and some month 12 even if there is nothing wrong.....
so hang on in there!

it is tough and heart breaking having AF every month :hugs: when you are counting the days to perhaps test.

if you are 35+ perhaps speak to your doctor if you haven't had your BFP after 6 months

:hugs: and :dust:

xxx

Hey hun... I do understand your frustration and concerns, we've all been there. But it's still very early to be too worried. These things can just take some time. As said above, most couples only has about a 20% chance each month at conceiving...

If you do have worries and want to ease your mind- it's not gonna hurt to have some initial tests run. They can do blood work for you and a SA for your hubby.

However, some docs only requests these tests after you've been TTC for several months. So it may just depend on your age, time TTC and who your doctor is.

Best of luck hun!!!

Two months is not long enough for you to get concerned about any problem. I know how horribly disappointing it is though. I wouldn't go to the doctor until you've been trying for 6 months, then ask for basic tests. Even then a lot of couples take up to a year to conceive. Aim to bd every 2 days from CD7 to CD15, that should cover your bases ok (CD1 is first day of your period). The sperm have best quality at 24-48 hours, they deteriorate after 48 hours and are too low in numbers before 24 hours. Try to stay lying down an hour or so afterwards, don't jump up to go to the loo, some girls bd with their hips on a pillow too. Missionary, doggie are best they say. Good luck, this is very early days! Plus make sure you are taking a good conception multivitamin with folate 400mcg in it. This is crucial because we don't usually know we are pregnant til we miss our period, and folate is essential for the baby's spinal cord development.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->