Help with vbac or csect, also posted in third tri

grumpymoo

Happy Mummy!
Reaction score
Help with vbac or csect. Decision in morning!
I am meeting with my consultant in the morning. Last time I saw him, at 30 weeks, he asked how I wanted to have the baby. I had given it no thought as was taking one day at a time due to the fact my LO had to be delivered prematurely.

Hopefully things are going a little smoother this time and he will want to know tomorrow what I want to do.

I have since done loads of research, given it loads of thought and still don't blooming know!

I had an emergency c sect before, they used forceps to help get her out and my tummy was incredibly painful for a long time. I really want to avoid another emergency c sect and know i will only be given a trial labour so may still end up with one.

Can anyone tell me their experiences of vbac or csect after an emergency csect please?

I had an emergency c section with my daughter and tried for a vbac with my son, but I still ended up having a c section due to poor progress, my second c section went smoother than my first, but I found it more painful afterwards and it took longer for me to heal. x

I had 3 EMCS, and everytime the recovery differed so much! My 2nd one was the easiest, least painful with the shortest recovery. My last had the longest recovery, but I had an infection in the cut itself which I think played a roll. The 1st was the most painful afterwards. All 3 was done in the same hospital, by the same gynae, so I'm still puzzled as to why c-sections in the same woman can differ so much!

So I guess I can just hope and pray for a quick recovery this time. Good luck with your decision. I also wanted to try VBAC after my first c-section, but baby's placenta failed and she was in distress at 37 weeks. They had to take her out, no time to try and have a vaginal birth.

Come over to the VBAC support thread in my Sig missus, few of us VBAC and CBAC ladies adn lots of info in the first threads.

I planned to HBAC but transferred to hospital in labour at 10cm but got my natural VBAC it was amazing.

I couldnt even contemplate a repeat CS unless me or the baby were dying, but you have to make the decision YOU want.

You can change your mind up until you are in labour hun, if you book the CS it doesnt mean you have to go do it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->