Help!!!

CJDMOM3109

Reaction score
So everything started with me when I found out the gender of the baby, it's a girl, I have always wanted a girl, this is my last pregnancy since dh and I have one son together and he has a son from a previous marriage. well idk how to explain this, but every time I pick something up for the nursery I get like a sick feeling in my stomach, I guess you can say like a nervous stomach type thing, Idk how to explain it, it's like I want to completely avoid doing anything for baby because I'm scared that's my body telling me something bad is going to happen. I do suffer from anxiety & some slight depression, but I just can't shake the thought that I won't be coming home with my daughter, even when people talk about her arrival I get a nervous stomach almost like I want to puke. It's so very strange since I haven't had this with my first, I was blissfully ignorant to any possibility of anything going wrong.

I believe this all started when I read stories of mothers going into labor and finding out that their little ones passed away the day before and that scares me, and makes me feel like it's bound to happen to me. setting things up for the baby throws me into a whirl of emotions, and I again get that sick feeling in my stomach.When people say her name I feel this way also.

the best way I can describe it, is when you found out your bf has been cheating on you, or that he doesn't want to be with you anymore, I associated it with that feeling because back when I was younger I'd get that feeling, and the thought of them being with someone else made me sick.

Also the closer to my due date the more scared and worried I get since I can't even Imagine myself giving birth or even looking at her )=

So please if you have felt this way please help ease my mind!! I'd love to hear POSITIVE stories since I'm only three weeks away from my induction date and can't handle hearing anything negative. Thank you all so very much and please pray for us!

Firstly have a :hugs:

I felt like that in first tri... I learnt not to read the sad stories, so I carried that through all the tri boards with me. Self preservation.

I also have moments of panic and disbelief, I think its simply because of all we have been through to get here.

Perhaps it maybe an idea to talk to your gp/mw about how you're feeling, it could be that pregnancy is increasing amxiety amd depression :hugs:

They are SAD (not horror) storys to read and they do have a way of affecting you and there is always some type of anxiety in pregnancy.
I feel this way a lot and more so the closer I get to the end of the pregnancy, I lost my twins at 18 weeks and often feel that something will take this precious little boy from me but im sure its just normal anxiety and you will feel much better once your lo is here in your arms

They are SAD (not horror) storys to read and they do have a way of affecting you and there is always some type of anxiety in pregnancy.
I feel this way a lot and more so the closer I get to the end of the pregnancy, I lost my twins at 18 weeks and often feel that something will take this precious little boy from me but im sure its just normal anxiety and you will feel much better once your lo is here in your arms

I'm so very sorry for your loss, that must have been devastating )= and you're right they are sad stories. I feel that same way too, that the closer I get the more my anxiety increases and I've never had a loss out of the first trimester(knock on wood) but idk why I'm feeling the way I am about buying clothes and such, like maybe it's because shes something I have always wanted, maybe I feel too lucky idk but it has made me panic so much. :cry:

So everything started with me when I found out the gender of the baby, it's a girl, I have always wanted a girl, this is my last pregnancy since dh and I have one son together and he has a son from a previous marriage. well idk how to explain this, but every time I pick something up for the nursery I get like a sick feeling in my stomach, I guess you can say like a nervous stomach type thing, Idk how to explain it, it's like I want to completely avoid doing anything for baby because I'm scared that's my body telling me something bad is going to happen. I do suffer from anxiety & some slight depression, but I just can't shake the thought that I won't be coming home with my daughter, even when people talk about her arrival I get a nervous stomach almost like I want to puke. It's so very strange since I haven't had this with my first, I was blissfully ignorant to any possibility of anything going wrong.

I believe this all started when I read stories of mothers going into labor and finding out that their little ones passed away the day before and that scares me, and makes me feel like it's bound to happen to me. setting things up for the baby throws me into a whirl of emotions, and I again get that sick feeling in my stomach.When people say her name I feel this way also.

the best way I can describe it, is when you found out your bf has been cheating on you, or that he doesn't want to be with you anymore, I associated it with that feeling because back when I was younger I'd get that feeling, and the thought of them being with someone else made me sick.

Also the closer to my due date the more scared and worried I get since I can't even Imagine myself giving birth or even looking at her )=

So please if you have felt this way please help ease my mind!! I'd love to hear POSITIVE stories since I'm only three weeks away from my induction date and can't handle hearing anything negative. Thank you all so very much and please pray for us!

I am so glad to hear someone else is having these thoughts. I have suffered with anxiety and depression throughout my entire pregnancy. While I havent experienced the sick feeling, those exact thoughts are on my mind and they make my anxiety worse. I recently started to see a therapist because my thoughts were really starting to frighten me. I love this baby and prayed for this baby and I cant wait to meet her but I feel oddly detached. My therapist reassured me that just because I am having strange thoughts it does not mean these things will manifest. She said it happens to a lot of people. She also said, just like anything in life dont go into birth and motherhood with expectations or pressure of "the way things should go" bc you will ultimately be disappointed. Instead allow yourself to experience it all and let things fall into place. I found that to be very helpful. :thumbup:

Because you want a girl so bad that is why you are over worrying. It's like that with anything but I'm sure it is ten fold in this scenario. It's nerve racking being pregnant. There's lots to worry about. But really just let go the worry and take it one day at a time. Nobody can predict the future. Even your worries can't. As many sad stories, there are ten times happy ones. Even happy ones from people who worry or have depression. Try turn off the voice in your head (who is fear based) and live the now. That is reality. Not your fears.

My apologies for getting my wording wrong! Consider it corrected!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->