Help?

Lexiiee

Reaction score
i really need advice. i am 17 and have been sexually active since the start of the year. approx 14 weeks ago me and my now ex boyfriend had unprotected sex. i did take a test and it came up negative ( this was about a few weeks after we had sex). I have gotten my period twice since. Though now im close to my due period date and i have a brown spotting. i have never had spotting before and im not sure what it is or what to do. i have no pain and im really worried about it. i cant go to the doctors as this involves my parents knowing. id really appreciate if you could help me out.

If it's been 14 weeks, you've had a negative test and two periods, I seriously, seriously doubt that you are pregnant. I don't think you are really meant to ask in this part of the forum though, not sure. Only a doctor can tell you for sure.

Either way, this is just a personal opinion, but if you're too scared to go to a doctor because your parents will find out you're having sex, and you're not taking sensible precautions, you might like to have a long hard think about whether you're really ready for it right now.

I'm more concerned about the brown discharge, and I've read a few articles but I don't see that those things are the problem..

Take another pregnancy test and go to the Dr.
Your parents do not need to know, your Dr has to keep confidentiality and is not aloud to discuss anything about you without your permission.
In future I'd suggest not having unprotected sex :)

Could this not be the start of another period? I know I have had brown spotting before starting my period.

When I was in high school and very young I had a pregnancy scare. I forged a sick note from my "father" and had a friend drive me to the doctors. Previous poster is right, the doctors have to keep confidentiality. But also like previous posters said, it is highly unlikely that after two periods that this spotting would indicate pregnancy. Spotting usually comes from what is called "implantation" and that happens days, not weeks, after you have conceived. When I was younger, I had some wacky cycles. I did get my period when I was 12, but I still had really odd cycles very late into my teens. Like previous posters said, I think this might just be a weird period. But the best thing to do would be scrounge up some money for another pregnancy test if you're still worried about being pregnant and take the test. By now, you would definitely test positive if you were pregnant. Just also a point of curiosity, did you have sex in the past two months at all? Or was this one time about three months ago the only time you had unprotected sex? I'm imagining so as you say he's now your ex-boyfriend. I hope you find the answers you're looking for, but if you're looking for opinions it sounds like you're not pregnant and just having a weird period, because if you DID get pregnant from that first encounter and still had periods for two months and now are coming up on your third period, you're on your 3rd cycle and you'd be almost or already in your second trimester. With all of the puking and painful breasts and twinges I've experienced, I can't imagine anyone being pregnant and going through the first trimester with no symptoms. It can happen where some women don't get symptoms but that is not the norm. So yeah. Get a test, if it's negative, you can be pretty sure you're not pregnant.

I have had sex not long ago but it was protected. I've never had a fault in my period before and haven't had brown spotting. After reading articles on line it stated all the possibilties which all weren't good signs.

I have had sex not long ago but it was protected. I've never had a fault in my period before and haven't had brown spotting. After reading articles on line it stated all the possibilties which all weren't good signs.

Well it sounds like you're still worried, so to put your mind at ease, take a home pregnancy test. They're not so expensive that you can't save up for it and it will give you an answer either way. Honestly brown spotting can be from anything. And some women, like me, don't get implantation bleeding/spotting. I never had spotting at the beginning of this pregnancy, some women do, but some women have a weird cycle if they've had lots of stress, etc. So you're not going to know for sure whether or not you're pregnant until you take a test. You can spend all day analyzing symptoms and reading up online but really you won't know until you test, so test!

You can go to Walmart or Dollar store and can get a pregnancy test for $1.
I highly advise you test first before ditching school to see the doctor.
If it's negative and you're still having weird spotting, you should tell your mother that your period is painful or something along the lines so you can have a proper check over by a doctor.
If it's positive, you can find a planned parenthood nearby https://www.plannedparenthood.org/health-center/

and they can offer you help and support.

I'd also advise that you always use protection and have the mindset that having SEX (even protected/on the pill etc) CAN lead to pregnancy.

I know you are not looking for a lecture, but there are many ways to prevent your situation; please be careful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->