Help

Midnight_Fairy

New baby J
Reaction score
I would like an SLR camera, was thinking of the G1 as tbh its the only one I have heard off! I know how to use one but never owned my own (just mine lol)

I have about 400 to spend, I cant really justify more at xmas, 450 max

so recommendations? Or links if poss x

I have it and am pretty pleased with it.
To be accurate - it isn't a true SLR as it uses the Micro Four-thirds technology, but as far as I can tell from stuff I've read, it's got a lot of the best of both worlds.
But I have to be honest - I have barely tapped the surface of all the things it can do. I just haven't ever had the time to learn to use it properly.
That being said, the IA function takes care of most of my ignorance! I also haven't really tested it in the field, ie in any of the more extreme climates that I want a good camera for: the Amazon, the Galapagos, the African savannah, etc. It has held up very well in the Canadian Rockies, however! :)
Here is a link/review that I found really helpful.
https://www.dcresource.com/reviews/panasonic/dmc_g1-review/
If you can afford it, I would probably go for the G2, as you would then have the movie option as well.

I cant really afford G2. :(

Its a shame the G1 has not got a movie. I have read SOOOO many reviews and I cant stop thinking about the G1, lol I just feel like its right for me. Im not a die hard photographer, its more for personal use but more complex than a point and shoot is what I would like. Thanks so much for replying. I will def be getting this I think xx

My computer just blew up and we are currently seeing what we can do to retrieve all our files from it.
I had stuff backed up, but it's going to take awhile to load everything back on from various cds and websites. As soon as I do, I will PM you! :)

i like the Nikon D40/60/90

their smallest and lightweight cameras.

wow!! great camera, thats what i was hoping my next slr will be :D

Wow congrats. I have a D90 AND a D700 and have to say that theyre not lightweight in the slightest!
Nikon SLR's are really good!
I'm a photography student at Uni and thats the predominant brand that we use :)

Is there a good online SLR basics course, does anyone know?
I don't think I am ever going to get beyond pointing and shooting if I don't get into a class of some kind. Trying to figure it all out on my own is just not going to happen.

Hi ^ I have just been googling and searching things, I am just trying to take photos ALL the time and get used to it. I am not brilliant with the thing, but I am getting there. Just be patient and search around for slr tips :) xx

Best thing is to shoot on auto, then shoot on either shutter or aperture priority modes (a/s on Nikons or TV/SV i think on Canons) to play around with the settings and work out what happens when you do different things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->