Help!!

jojo23

mum to 1 angel baby
Reaction score
hi all. went for 20 week scan and got the news that baby is only measuring 18 weeks and low amniotic fluid also. am trying to rest myself and drink plenty of fluid but am at my wits end here. anyone in the same boat or know anything about this??? really dont wanna lose this LO.:(:( DOCTOR MADE ME feel like there wasnt much hope and im due back in 2weeks for another scan to see if things improve.:cry::cry::cry:

Didn't want to read and run but I wanted to say I am sorry you are worried. Maybe everything will be ok and it sounds like you are doing the right thing of taking it easy and lots of fluids. Good luck! :hugs:

awwww bless you. ive not been in the same boat but ill offer my support and hope that you and baby do well. keep resting woman are here are lovely too x

Just look after yourself as best you can and say a lil prayer, that's what I do. Please God all will be fine w/ your bubs xx

They do say that after about 12 weeks the baby can grow slower or quicker than others. Also, they could have made a mistake in measuring. You shouldn't worry yourself because that wont make anything better. You will be in my thoughts tonight and I hope to see a wonderful update in 2 weeks from you.

Babies measure at different rates, and u/s can be off by as much as a week so you may be less far along than you thought. As for the low fluid just try to rest and drink as much fluid as you can :hug:

I don't have any experience of this, but I didn't want to read & run. Sending you lots of positive vibes & keep looking after yourself & little one x

I read somewhere that having baths (in warm not hot water) is a safe & effective way to boost your amniotic fluid.

I can't say for sure if that's an old wives tale or true but it couldn't hurt.

Hopefully all is well with your LO, I'm sure she'll have a growth spurt :)

my friend was told this for more than half of her pregnancy, the had her in fortnightly for checks and told her to drink plenty, so she was on 8 pints of water a day, didnt really make alot of difference to be honest. But just letting you know she had a 6lb 4oz baby born 2 weeks early, perfectly healthy.

keep your chin up hunni xxx

Hi, I didn't want to read and run this morning so I wanted to post a quick reply. My consultant told me that until 12 weeks all babies are pretty much the same size but from then they grow at different rates. So it could be maybe that your baby is just a bit smaller.

Try not to worry and take lots of care of yourself, get lots of rest. Thinking of you.
x

Try not to worry - babies grow at different rates and I have seen babies turn out ok even with low af.

Just to echo what the others have said, keep up with what you're doing, think positive thoughts and maybe your baby is just going to be a little bundle, or surprise everyone and have a big growth spurt before your next scan. Thinking of you!!!

thanks for all the comments reallys helps to stay positive x

I know my dates (DH was away all month except for 2 days) and my baby still measures 10 days behind these dates. I was really worried but have been told the same thing - that all babies grow at different rates.
Try to stay positive sweetie, thinking of you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"