Help!!!

sgordon

Reaction score
My little girl is five weeks old and 2 days ago she started to get really fussy when I nurse her! She will nurse on my first boob for about 10 mins and then start to fuss! So I take her off and burb her then put her on the other boob! She will nurse for about 3 or so mins and then start to really fuss! I am not sure she is getting enough to eat! We were at the doc on Friday and she had gained 6oz in 3 days! So I know she is gaining! I am going to take her to be weighed tomorrow just to make sure she is still gaining! Any suggestions on how to stop her fussing or anyone had experience with this??

I'm having a bit of this too atm. When I take her off to burp her, I tend to try her again on the same side, just so she gets the hind milk and not another dose of fore milk. She seems to take to that quite well. She will eventually swap sides, after another burping session, and may only be there for a few minutes. I think the fore milk can make some babies abit fussy as it is higher in sugar and more of a thirst quencher than the hind milk - anyone, please correct me if I am wrong, this is what HV/various websites have told me :)

Hi, i can't tell you what's causing it or how to stop it, but my lo did this it about 5 weeks too and then over the next week or so on and off and it was all past of a growth spurt. Having said tilt she still pulls on and off one side now at a lot of feeds, but we've just learned to live with it, she's not as bad ah she was, and nobody seems to know why she does it!

Hope this helps
sorry if it doesn't make much sense, im on my phone typing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->