Help!! :/

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by mommy2beof2, Jun 2, 2011.

1. mommy2beof2

mommy2beof2 Active Member

I am currently 27 weeks, I will be 28 weeks Sunday. We're having a lil boy BUT we still keep trying to change the name...we went from Aiden but that seems to common for us anymore and the we went to Liam but we're not too sure we like that so finally we decided on Raylan for a boy spelt like a boys name, we seen it on the tv show justified and the marshalls name is Raylan Givvins and so we fell in love with that name for a lil boy, but everyone we talk to who asks what the name is and the first thing they say is 'For a boy?!' Does it sound like too much of a girls name to you guys? Can you guys give me other unique boy names to consider please nothing too common.

2. CMarie

CMarie Guest

I think Raylan is an awesome name for a boy :) If you want more suggestions though, have you tried just typing in "unique boy names" into Google? That's what DH and I did and we came across the name Griffin...we switched the spelling to Gryffen and it's the name we stuck with for our little guy :)

3. Iwannabamummy

Iwannabamummy Well-Known Member

I think that Raylan sounds like a boys name - and I love it!! Don't be swayed too much by others opinions - you will never please everyone - the most important thing is that you both love it. xx

4. mommy2beof2

mommy2beof2 Active Member

Thanks ladies :) That makes me feel a lot better :)

5. oaklvr

oaklvr Well-Known Member

I know a Rylan and Ryland. Those are similar. I think Raylan sounds kinda girly, because it reminds me of Raelynn.

6. PAgal

PAgal Well-Known Member

Devin is my fave, its not common now. I also like Derrick/Derek, Mason, Ethan, Seth,

7. SammieGrace

SammieGrace Well-Known Member

I agree... I think Raylan is good if you are set on it, but if you want the spelling to look more decisively masculine, you might think about Rylan or Ryland. :flower:

8. caaraa

caaraa Guest

I think that Raylan sounds like a boys name - and I love it!
    https://www.primeaffiliate.com/track/images/12.lona.gifhttps://farm1.static.flickr.com/152/buddyicons/[email protected]