Help!!!!!!!!

Soon5kids

Pregnant with Blessing #6
Reaction score
Just when I think my lo is latching on well I noticed that we have a major problem. The bottle! He has to have a little suck on the bottle before he wants to latch onto the breast. If I try to attempt with out it he screams his head off and this makes me so sad. What should I do? I know I have to quit the bottle asap but how do I do it with out him getting too frustrated?

Have you tried while he's sleepy or drowsy? It could just be a phase. Does the bottle need to be full or empty? You could always try a pacifier first instead :) Good luck!

Have you tried while he's sleepy or drowsy? It could just be a phase. Does the bottle need to be full or empty? You could always try a pacifier first instead :) Good luck!

I try when he first wakes up because this is the time when he is crying for food. And if he is too sleepy he wont even try to suck. The bottle usually has an ounce in it and he only takes a few sips then I attempt to bf him. I will try the paci first and see what happens.

Have you tried starting your milk for him by expressing a fee drops, maybe he's impatient for the let down?

Have you tried starting your milk for him by expressing a fee drops, maybe he's impatient for the let down?

I do this but he is still very fussy. I think that is it but what do you do if your baby is impatient like this?

My mum got me to put a glass jam jar with some water in the microwave, then empty the water, check the jar is not too hot then put it over my breast, it draws the nipple out and the milk down. (think you may call jam jelly? Or a Warm flannel as has been suggested. Also gentle breast massage. You being stressed is probably making it harder too) so put on some relaxing music and find a calm comfy spot x :kiss:

I know it seems mean but why not just withold the bottle and see if he calms in a few minutes, obviously if it goes on for more than a few minutes you may have to give in but it probably won't take long for him to get used to your flow.

My LO used to be the same way but it was just a phase. I didn't want to give him formula though, I just gave him a pacifier which relaxed him and then he went on to latch without a problem. Be careful with doing bottles first, the need for bottles starts to grow when they realize and prefer the ease of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->