)*(helpful information from an orientation today)*(

vkj73

Reaction score
my dh and i attended an orientation today at our hospital (one of the top in the country), as we are strongly considering iui. this hospital is very cutting edge and seems to have very up-to-date info. it's also a university hospital, so they are always conducting studies/research.

it was not only about iui, but ttc in general. there was a lot of helpful information, so i wanted to share it with all the gals ttc. :hugs:

vitamins/supplements recommended:

-400micrograms of folic acid
-antioxidants
https://www.livestrong.com/article/190550-what-are-some-examples-of-antioxidants/
-coq10 was recommended by one of the doctors in the practice

info about timed intercourse:

-normal sperm can survive in female reproductive tract and retain ability to fertilize an egg for 3-5 days
-egg can be fertilized for 12-24 hours after ov
-once you've ov'd (usually 36 hours after a positive ov kit test) it is important to have intercourse that day and the following
-easiest recommendation = intercourse every other day, beginning 6 days before expected ov
-there is no evidence that one position is better than another
-the simplest advice for many couples, intercourse every other day from cycle days 8-20

exercise:

-you do not need to dramatically alter your lifestyle
-avoid contact sports, prolonged head-down positions (yoga), bumpy mountain biking, flip-turns in swimming

men:

-stay out of hot tubs
-no more than 7 drinks a week
-take a men's multivitamin with antioxidants, vitamins c, d and selenium to promote healthy sperm

diet and lifestyle:

-less than 200mg caffeine daily
-limit alcohol, definitely stop once ov has taken place

:dust:

Thanks VKJ our doc wants us to try a cycle of IUI this next cycle before we go onto invetro in July.

my dh and i attended an orientation today at our hospital (one of the top in the country), as we are strongly considering iui. this hospital is very cutting edge and seems to have very up-to-date info. it's also a university hospital, so they are always conducting studies/research.

it was not only about iui, but ttc in general. there was a lot of helpful information, so i wanted to share it with all the gals ttc. :hugs:

vitamins/supplements recommended:

-400micrograms of folic acid
-antioxidants
https://www.livestrong.com/article/190550-what-are-some-examples-of-antioxidants/
-coq10 was recommended by one of the doctors in the practice

info about timed intercourse:

-normal sperm can survive in female reproductive tract and retain ability to fertilize an egg for 3-5 days
-egg can be fertilized for 12-24 hours after ov
-once you've ov'd (usually 36 hours after a positive ov kit test) it is important to have intercourse that day and the following
-easiest recommendation = intercourse every other day, beginning 6 days before expected ov
-there is no evidence that one position is better than another
-the simplest advice for many couples, intercourse every other day from cycle days 8-20

exercise:

-you do not need to dramatically alter your lifestyle
-avoid contact sports, prolonged head-down positions (yoga), bumpy mountain biking, flip-turns in swimming

men:

-stay out of hot tubs
-no more than 7 drinks a week
-take a men's multivitamin with antioxidants, vitamins c, d and selenium to promote healthy sperm

diet and lifestyle:

-less than 200mg caffeine daily
-limit alcohol, definitely stop once ov has taken place

:dust:

Thanks for sharing. Did the doctor say anything about how you're supposed to take the COQ10, e.g. can you take it in the 2ww period? I've got some but haven't taken any yet.

sorry hope3. no exact recommendations for coq10.

if i find any info on it, i'll be sure to post it:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"