hen can you start using baby wipes??

lulasmummy

mummy to two princesses
Reaction score
my little lady is just over 2 weeks old can we use baby wipes yet? I hate the whole cotton wool water thing its so annoying when out! especially as every nappy is a poo lol!

I think I started using sensitive newborn wipes around that time :)

I've used huggies pure from the start it says they're as gentle as cotton wool and water and tbh with everything else to get used to I couldn't be bothered arsing about, I used baby wipes with ds 15 years ago and he was okay and no one told me to only use cotton wool and water then... I dunno why they keep giving new guide lines, it's ridiculous :wacko:

I used them from around 10-14 days each time, hv said it was fine at the time :)

I started when my LO was about 2weeks old aswell, its so much easier! :)

I used Sensitive ones from day 1 and changed to normal ones at about 3 weeks. X

I've used huggies pure from the start it says they're as gentle as cotton wool and water and tbh with everything else to get used to I couldn't be bothered arsing about, I used baby wipes with ds 15 years ago and he was okay and no one told me to only use cotton wool and water then... I dunno why they keep giving new guide lines, it's ridiculous :wacko:

The reason they are started advising this is because the rates of baby eczema have continued to increase year on year. There may be lots of reasons for this but newborns do have very sensitive skin and for some babies exposing the skin to the chemicals in wipes can trigger things off. To my knowledge they're aren't any official guidelines saying that you should use cotton wool and water, but many midwives suggest it as from their own experience they have seen less problems in the babies that have only had water used early on.

To the OP: I used cotton wool and water at home for about 3 months but when I was out and about I used wipes. Can't remember what brand but it was one of the "sensitive" ones like Pampers extra sensitive or something. I would be cautious if you have any eczema or allergies in your family, but other than that you can only try them and see how your baby gets on with them. My DD has never any reactions to wipes but all babies are different.

i used them straight away, hospital had no prob using them on her either. did the same with my son 12 yrs ago.

I started using them as soon as i was out of hospital.
Obviously watch for rashes and stop if any irratation occurs x

The reason they are started advising this is because the rates of baby eczema have continued to increase year on year. There may be lots of reasons for this but newborns do have very sensitive skin and for some babies exposing the skin to the chemicals in wipes can trigger things off. To my knowledge they're aren't any official guidelines saying that you should use cotton wool and water, but many midwives suggest it as from their own experience they have seen less problems in the babies that have only had water used early on.

To the OP: I used cotton wool and water at home for about 3 months but when I was out and about I used wipes. Can't remember what brand but it was one of the "sensitive" ones like Pampers extra sensitive or something. I would be cautious if you have any eczema or allergies in your family, but other than that you can only try them and see how your baby gets on with them. My DD has never any reactions to wipes but all babies are different.

Yeah i think i might just use them when out for a while and still use water at home just to see how bubs skin is? thank you all for the replies :flower:

I used them from day one too and we've not had any problems. But I did keep a close eye on my dd to see if she was allergic.

I started using them as soon as I got home from hospital which was after 5 days.

I used them from day one but we used the sensitive or natural kid at first xx

From the first diaper change. No way in hell was I going to clean shit up with a cotton ball. :\

We used as soon as we got home. I used the Pampes extra sensitive ones. I've just watched for rashes etc but so far no problems. X

I used them from day 1. The hospital sent me home with like 3 big packages.

I used them from day one. The nurses never said anything otherwise!

I used cotton wool & pre boiled water with DS1...& with DS2

However with DD, I used Simple baby wipes from the start & she has never had any problems :baby:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->