Henna Tattoos

SmokyJoe78

Reaction score
Has anyone ever henna tattooed their bump? I saw it on a blog somewhere and really fancy it. I've done henna tats before but wasn't sure about it during pregnancy - I'm sure it's probably fine - does anyone have any experience or advice?

Also - any recommendations of where to get the henna online - I know there's a load of stuff about black henna, which you can have a horrible allergic reaction to.

Will look for the link to the blog that I saw - she had an amazing tree on her bump :D

Found it! Will need to find someone creative to do though - don't think I could do it on myself LOL
https://birthwithoutfearblog.com/2011/01/31/the-end-of-pregnancy-positive-thoughts/

Wow that blog (and belly) is beautiful, I'm going to borrow some of those positive affirmations to add to mine!

Oh, I don't know about henna but now I'm really interested too... I could get hubbie to paint something on, he's so artistic.. right now I have to find out more.

From what I have read on a few sites as long as its the natural stuff its no problem using while pregnant. Just to make sure it's not got any chemicals added. There are some cautions so have a google on it :)

"Natural henna is incredibly safe and poses no danger to a healthy pregnancy. There are people who use chemical additives such as hair dyes in the mix to speed up the process or obtain a black stain. This is not safe or legal. Chemical dyes often contain a chemical known as PPD which is toxic and can cause long term damage, including scaring. Chemical dyes will stain the skin within 30 minutes and be dark immediately, these should always be avoided."

Thanks for posting this as I was going to get some face paints for the exact same thing, only it wouldn't have lasted, just wanted some nice pictures. This is a much better idea :happydance:

I'm very keen to do this! I wanted to have a henna bump party. I should probably get on with organising it.

We've loads of henna artists in town and I can't wait to do this!!!

ooh I love that website and I want OH to paint my bump now! he is very creative....not sure I will find henna here might just play with body paint for pictures!

Yeah, body paint would be good too :D I guess the idea is to celebrate pregnancy and your bump :D Post some photos when you've had a go!

I saw another thing (either on a blog or in book) where someone who was expecting baby number 2 got her toddler to paint a picture for the baby onto her belly - super sweet :flower:
DS has a bit of a thing against paint at the moment, otherwise I think I'd be getting him to try this :haha:

im all for a celebration :) will ask OH when (hopefully) he is back tomorrow as his flight had to turn around and go back today due to bad weather over the Andes!
aaaah thats an adorable idea to get a toddler involved, how cute.
haha a thing against paint.....bless!

i had mine done it was amazing totally advise going to it, trying to post a photo

photo

Attachments

• 40560_10150245477425576_677785575_13985447_4333512_n.jpg
    40560_10150245477425576_677785575_13985447_4333512_n.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 11
i had it done with my daughter too but dont have a photo to hand, its really relaxing.

Oh wow Milkmachine - that looks brilliant - love it! \\:D/

Did you go somewhere to get it done, or did you do a bit of a DIY job?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->