Herbalife Shakes - Yes or No?

jaan613

Reaction score
Hi all,
I often drank one portion of a herbal life shake when I couldn't decide what to eat pre pregnancy. It was yummy, healthy, and filling. I did use it for weightloss at first but when I was trying to conceive I cut back now that I'm pregnant I have stopped using it for dieting.

Wanted to ask if it's safe for use while pregnant? Not for dieting of course - Online on other personal forums it says it is healthy as it's rich in vitamins and is a complete meal. It just is tempting now as I don't feel like eating anything really and at least I would still be getting nutrients in me with the once a day shake (most probably for my lunch)

Any input?

I wouldn't. They are quite caffeine heavy. Try complan x

Yikes, is that so? Even the vanilla flavoured ones and not the coffee/choco ones?

Better look at that ingredient list tomorrow! :p

That's what I hear. it also has ephedra which is a stimulant. I don't think many studies have been done on the effects of ephedra in pregnancy. I'd definitely stick to complan. It's what they'd recommend in hospital x

I don't know the brand in the slightest.

I was gonna say I don't see any problems. But now with what pp say I would probably avoid it.

You could try making your own instead. There are a lot of recipes out there for tasty green smoothies.

I dont know much about that brand either, but I've been drinking Orgain shakes. The chocolate one is soooo good! Its a meal replacement, and used it as breakfast for practically my whole first tri because nothing sounded good and/or wouldn't stay down. I'd stay away from the strawberry one though, its gross. The mocha one is good but you have to shake the crap out of it cuz its so chunky. Vanilla is so-so.

Thanks for the update guys!
Will check out various brands and see what's available here in Asia :)

Id say no as they are pretty poor in general. They say slim fast is meant to be good and healthy, far from it. Really if you dont want to eat you should drink a shake that doc can give you which will have everything you need in it. I was on liquid diet for a bit is a special product you can get in the uk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->