Here comes the food aversions and nausea..hhooray?

MyFavSurprise

Reaction score
:) :( :) :(..good sign right? Still no fun!

All I have been able to stomach today was pizza, oh man. My SO is Filipino and I live with him and his family and eat mostly Filipino foods but now I cant even think about rice, how will I survive???

My SO has been being great about it, maybe mostly because he knows I'll cry if I get frustrated.. What a first trimester this is becoming haha, looking forward to second tri, eventually, because getting take out is getting expensive!

Anybody else trying to cope with these aversions? I dont remember what I ate the first time around...

I'm finally starting to branch out from potato soup. :haha:

If you don't like rice, maybe you'd like pasta?

:) :( :) :(..good sign right? Still no fun!

All I have been able to stomach today was pizza, oh man. My SO is Filipino and I live with him and his family and eat mostly Filipino foods but now I cant even think about rice, how will I survive???

My SO has been being great about it, maybe mostly because he knows I'll cry if I get frustrated.. What a first trimester this is becoming haha, looking forward to second tri, eventually, because getting take out is getting expensive!

Anybody else trying to cope with these aversions? I dont remember what I ate the first time around...

OMG I know exactly how you feel - we are so in sync lately aren't we haha! All I've been able to stomach is cheese croissants, grapes and corn chips - and I badly want pizza! AND my SO is Asian too and the thing making me feel most sick is the thought of rice and other Asian dishes! There's no way I could go anywhere near the curries, noodles, marinated meats etc that I normally love my SO cooking for me.

Anything greasy...I can't stand! My OH loves his fried egg and sausage sandwiches at the weekend and I just have to lock myself away with the window wide open to avoid smelling it otherwise I feel so sick. It's weird because I can tolerate it for a couple of minutes, think it smells nice and then after a couple of minutes, I'm feeling sick and it is the worst smell ever.

I tend to eat things like tomatoes and anything that doesn't really have much of a smell to it.

Definitely different this time around as I wasn't bothered by anything or had any sick feeling at all with my son.

When I was pregnant first time, I had developed strong aversion for oily and greasy foods. I found ginger cookies to be helpful to some extent, but most awful were aversion to milk and dairy; it put me on calcium supplements right from first trimester. Fortunately, fruits remained on my list of preference. However, my doctor wasn’t seemed to be concerned beyond that. I think as long as you manage to continue keeping your current weight, first trimester nausea and sickness is Ok from doctor’s point of view. But in the most extreme cases, hormonal illness in pregnancy can cause continuous vomiting and the inability to keep food down. It can get so bad that intravenous feeding is necessary.

My SO was laughing with me about it today because before the pregnancy I would never tell him what I wanted to eat because I was always indifferent, and he would always ask if I was hungry and I'd say nahh I'm okay, or, i guess i could eat..and the last few days it's been 'I'm so hungry, NO I don't even want to think about eating that.. the only thing I will eat is pizza..or today it was macaroni and cheese, but not from the box, only ready made from the store deli, which ended up being very disappointing... the only thing that always sounds good has been subway..ooh man I want subway right now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->