Here I am....

Mum2threeboys

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wanted to let something out into the cyber world! In hope that putting pen to paper or finger to keyboard as it is in this instance may help me get my head around things!!

I am 27 and have 3 beautiful children already! In 2011 I had the toughest year as a mother yet! My 13 month old son was admitted to hospital with acute appendicitis (burst appendix) an after a few touch and go days (and open surgeory!)he made a full recovery. Although my heart never did! This was whilst the Olympics were being held in London.

Just a few months on is September my middle chap alarmingly lost a lt of weight in just a few short weeks and started drinking like it was going out of fashion! Alas one hospital stay later and we were sent home with blood testing kits, insulin pens and needles and list as long as my arm of our new regime and lifestyle! My little boy was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes and life as we knew it changed dramatically!

During 2013 we all as a family started to heal from our ordeal and adapted to all the newness that came with it but emotionally and psycically. My son adapted fantastically to having type 1 and has been a beacon of strength and bravery to everyone he meets. We now have it tightly controlled and the 4 injections a day and regular blood testing is part of every norms.

My husband struck a fantastic evening job and it left the day times free! With everything in balance once again I made a decision to try and get a job for the new year 2014. So at the end of December I tried my luck at a few places and managed to bag a brilliant job at my local garden centre working in the gift section selling beautiful homewards and setting up lovely displays!! I love it and it have me a sense of self back! Helped keep the panic at bay that still lives with me everyday - the thought that any moment life could turn upside down again and another dramatic illness or similar could strike!

So (you all know what's coming!) recently is been feeling a bit off colour! So just to be on the safe side I took a test - positive!! The only time I can think is Boxing Day! We all had a sicky bug....

So here I am, scared, hurting on the inside still and about to face something I'm not entirely sure I'm ready for!

We considered the other option but it just wasn't something we could do. In all reality that felt harder than having another baby. I just couldn't cope emotionally with it. I'm pro choice but it has to be something you choose and feel right about. It wasn't right for me!

I hope I can find a little outlet here in cyber space on babyandbump! And hopefully some inner peace too!!

If you made it this far.... Thanks x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"