here's an update for u..can't believe it...

OMG the NHS fail once again!! I cant believe that they didnt notice the ectopic on your scan!! :-O

I was told by ER Dr on my first vist after bleeding and having a "stitch" in my side, that there was "no way" it was ectopic as i would have swelling in the area... 5 days later, i was rushed to theater also to have left tube and our baby removed :-( cnt believe they are risking our lives and future repoductive health by being so shoddy!! makes me crazy.

I am so sorry for your loss but glad they saved your life and that u are here to tell your story. Luckily my ovaries and remaining tube are in good condition also so hoping it wont be too long before we get those bfps again with our babies in the right place next time. Im here if u need to talk, just pm me xxx

Unbelieveable! Most people I know who have had ectopics already had children :s I hate it when so-called medical professionals act on myths as opposed to medical facts. They should have scanned you more thoroughly. My friend had an ectopic and a normal pregnancy at the same time; and she nearly died; they didn't scan her at all after the first miscarriage was finished even though she was still in agony, she did take action against the hospital/nhs trust in question. I think you should look into doing so too....

I hope you can still have a happy and healthy pregnancy in the future xxx

omg i would sue them! that is pure negligence and hardly a reason to not check you out esp when you had pain on your right side! this makes me so angry for you. im so sorry. i would sue!

thanks ladies, i really do understand what u are saying bout taking it further, but i do think unfortunately that it wouldnt change anything. i dont want another god knows how many months of heartache over it. hopefully by tellin my tale it'll make anyone take note of their own symptoms and be determined to make docs listen if they feel somethin wrong.

thanks african queen, good to know i'm not only one (in a way)...meaning i can talk to someone in similar situation. there was actually a girl in next bed to me who had been dismissed from gp, she reported pain in side and back, but no blood, she knew she was pg, and they sent her home. she was rushed in later that day and taken to theatre, was bleeding so bad internally that she needed internal drain for 24 hrs! so it is more common than u think.

anyway, back from hols and feelin much stronger. xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->