hes eating too much!

babezone

Reaction score
well archie is wanting 8oz every 4 hours 5 times a day as i sed in emas post. which i personally think is way to much health visitor told me to try hungry baby milk n hope he takes 6oz instead of 8 but he doesnt he still wants the full amount. people have sed sum baby rice 1 or 2 times a day so i tryed dat morning and evening but he still wants his whole bottle after...im jus worrid hes over eating i dont want him to become a big baby thru my over feeding him but what can i do when he is constantly screaming!! for more xx

I really would feed him what he wants...babies know when they are hungry. Does he spit up or anything after eating that much?

he is sick a fair bit but it was suspected reflux but im pretty sure its cus hes gulping it to fast and getting to much and bringing loads back when he winds especially x

Maybe try feeding him a little less every 3 hours? Babies can become overweight, although I think it would be hard to do that... My doctor suggested giving water too in case she is just thirsty.

You can't overfeed a baby aparently. I don't think that's true, but to some extent.. Like he isn't going to be able to keep more than he can handle in his belly, and it sounds like he's bringing alot of it up.. Give him what he wants I say!

honey i've always been a fed on demand mummy, and have switched to hungry baby when she was a couple of weeks and never looked back. if he is still hungry i would personally try a couple of things, cooled boiled water incase he's thirsty rather than hungry, i would also try when feed to burp after every oz, he may scream (maddi does but i pop a dummy in whilst burping) i find it helps with her wind. i'm sure he'll sort him self out soon x

I bf but I think if I were in your situation I'd still feed him as much as he wants if he's hungry. Perhaps some cooled boiled water as suggested - or even change to a different brand of formula?

Is he gaining alot of weight? I'd keep an eye on it over the next few weeks and on how often he poos and then re-evaluate.

The problem with overfeeding is if they drink too much and vomit too much and it starts to burn and damage the esophogus... which is where the reflux comes in... and then the esophogus sometimes has to heal itself which can totally put some babies off food... and then you risk dehydration.

well hes been on hungry baby for a week now and tbh its making no difference. and sometimes will only go 3 hours. he will quite happily have the full 8oz and still be screaming for more and hes going more 3 hours ish atm...i give him some water but how much am i allowed/ment to giv him and how often?? xx

my dr told me as much water as she will take... you will know how much is too much and how much formula to give him. He may be going through a growth spurt too.

tbh hes always been a hungry baby. so even if he will take 2oz every 4hours so 12oz thats ok???
i thought to much water was bad for hes body lol or am i bein thick lol x

I dont know if id give him 12oz... maybe 4-5oz

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->