Hesitant to share my pregnancy news when sister-in-law has complications with hers...

bebedreamr

Reaction score
Hi all!
This is my second baby, and while we are thrilled I am sad to report my sister in law is due a few months before me and is having a high-risk pregnancy that could either work out with minimal interventions needed, or end up very scary. :cry: I am thrilled to be an auntie and want so badly for this little bubba to be ok!

The tricky part is here I am almost 5 weeks along, and scared to announce my pregnancy. I don't want to steal the spotlight from them since this is their first and I want them to enjoy it, and I also feel sad because my pregnancies are generally easy... and sometimes my sister in law and I don't always agree on things. I want to announce it in a way at Christmas that doesn't steal their thunder but lets my family know what is going on.

Am I being silly feeling hesitant? I am not sure why I feel such guilt but I do... and I truly want the best for their pregnancy. Sometimes family matters are so complicated!

My sister in law and myself are both pregnant, i announced early ( aka told my gran and she told the world ), we have same dates, literally both got 3+ on digital same week.

I went for scan on 8th and all we seen was an empty sac, back on 18th to look again, she announced the night of my scan ( she knew nothing about what went on that day )

Anywho, Announce and be happy, your allowed to be excited, ofc your gonna be excited, dont look at what could be look at the positives, worry about your own pregnancy, be happy that you have easy pregnancy!

If my SIL has the easiest pregnancy in the world ill be happy for her! we kinda sometimes get on lol not "besties" but her pregnancy is hers and mine is mine, fair enough if she goes nuts telling me all about how easy it is and goes over board on telling me baby details ill get annoyed, but other than that im happy for her, ill more than understand her being excited and telling people in her own way, making a big deal out of it in general because shes having a baby, its life changing for her and its awesome for them as a couple!

Dont feel guilty for being happy, live your life and dont worry about whos stealing the spotlight, as really it will be for both of you to share!

hope you figure it out xx

My sister in law and myself are both pregnant, i announced early ( aka told my gran and she told the world ), we have same dates, literally both got 3+ on digital same week.

I went for scan on 8th and all we seen was an empty sac, back on 18th to look again, she announced the night of my scan ( she knew nothing about what went on that day )

Anywho, Announce and be happy, your allowed to be excited, ofc your gonna be excited, dont look at what could be look at the positives, worry about your own pregnancy, be happy that you have easy pregnancy!

If my SIL has the easiest pregnancy in the world ill be happy for her! we kinda sometimes get on lol not "besties" but her pregnancy is hers and mine is mine, fair enough if she goes nuts telling me all about how easy it is and goes over board on telling me baby details ill get annoyed, but other than that im happy for her, ill more than understand her being excited and telling people in her own way, making a big deal out of it in general because shes having a baby, its life changing for her and its awesome for them as a couple!

Dont feel guilty for being happy, live your life and dont worry about whos stealing the spotlight, as really it will be for both of you to share!

hope you figure it out xx

I am so sorry to hear your ultrasound didn't go as you had hoped. So hard to tell in the early U/s though, my doctor doesn't even order them! I hope they find some wonderful news for you on the 18th! :hugs:

You are right, I should be mindful but still celebrate our baby too. I know she will be excited for me, she keeps asking me if I am pregnant. I think I am just trying to plot my best move, I am a people pleaser.

And most of all, I just want my niece/nephew to be healthy. More than anything!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->