hey there

dizzy65

Momma of my 4 Boys!
Reaction score
Hey there, I am younger i am only 18 years old, and this is my first, of course... I am not for sure that i am yet, but as of right now i am about 5 days late from my period. I am a little nervous about it but excited at the same time

I have been getting some signs, like swollen and sore breasts, my stomach feels harder and i have some cramping as well, i am not sure if this is a positive or not so i am still waiting to see....

I have been with my boyfriend for just over 2 years, and he has said he will stay with me no matter what happens..:cloud9:

:hi: Welcome to the forum and good luck :hugs:

welcome to the forum ...may be you could do a test ?

Thats a good idea, I will probably test this weekend:blush: I wasnt sure if i had enough reason too yet

lol :hugs: A late period is always a reason to test in my books!

Good luck dizzy65! I hope you get the result that you want... x

Thats what i thought as well but wasnt positive, I am new at this whole thing:blush:

you did a test and it was negative? it could be too early to detect the hormone..if you havent come on in a few days id do another test just to be sure

good luck hun xx

I ment that i wasnt positive to take a test or not yet... I am hoping to test for the first time this weekend, i am a little nervous about it but excited at the same time...

Thats what i thought as well but wasnt positive, I am new at this whole thing:blush:

Aw, we've all been there! :hugs:

Defo take a test - you can get strip tests (like the ones the docs use...) from poundland, savers or superdrug relatively cheaply (no more then £3 depending on where you go...) And with those you just pee into a container and dip the stick into it - 1 line = negative, 2 lines = positive (don't pee on the stick-test because it will invalidate the result! lol) With more expensive tests you just pee straight onto the stick - they all come with pretty clear instructions anyway!!

Here is an example of a positive test (my own, actually!)

https://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k199/tasha-cat-mad/BFPpositivepregnancytest.jpg

I have my princess now and couldn't be happier with her :D lol

Do let us know what your result is!! :hug: Good luck! x

okay thank you for the help.. How acurate are those tests?? And can i just go to like the doctors and get one for free? If i dont have the money for it right away? also is it more accurate in the morning??:blush:

The cheapy tests are perfectly accurate (they're the same ones that the doctors use).

Yeah of course (forgot to say :dohh:) You can go to the docs or your nearest sexual health clinic and be tested on the spot, there and then, confidentially and absolutely free of charge :).

It is most accurate first thing in the morning as the first wee contains the highest levels of HCG (pregnancy hormone), however being so late for your period as you are, I shouldn't think it would make much difference as the pregnancy hormone levels should be fairly high. I was 6 weeks pregnant when went to the docs and got tested. That was quite late into the evening and as you can see in the pic above, the two lines came up nice and clearly.

Okay i always wondered why you are supposed to take them in the morning, but i am pretty sure that i am i just want a test to make sure that i am and not just guessing. this is like the first time i have been late My period is usaully on time or early if any thing, by the time baby is born i will be done high school, and doing university! so i am super excited about it but nervous

Congrats if you are, but you're right - it's best to test to make sure.

There are many things that could cause you to be late on your period or that could cause the symptoms that you have described. It's probably best that you go to the doctors to test, that way you can book in with your midwife and get all your details down for the doctor there and then. Also, if it turns out that you are not pregnant, you can discuss what other possible causes could be behind your symptoms.

Best of luck x

Okay thanks so much for all of your help! I will test soon, maybe make an appointment for the doctor in the next day or 2... I am anxious to find out what is going on with me right now.... I will keep everyone posted with what is happening and what the test says:hug:

I have an appointment for thursday so i am hoping to find out soon!O:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->