Hey Uk'ers, Please explain tea?

ok now im even gettin confused about the whold tea thing!! :haha:

Bahhaaaa hahahahahaha
This thread is awesome. So glad I asked this question!!!

I think I understand now. So depending on what time of day, food will be present,
and depending on which region it's called different things.

This did clear up a lot! Now I don't think I'll feel so lost if someone invites me to tea.

I love the word "cuppa" hahahahaha

It is very normal to put milk/sugar in tea? I live in japan right now and no one ever adds anything to tea. I've gotten quite used to it.
And I've NEVER had it with sugar before.
This will be fun to try so many different things!

Mmmm Bovril! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bovril

It's also nice on toast, better than marmite as it's not so tangy.

ETA - I think this is what you mean by beef tea?

yes that!
It looks rather yummy...

I loooove tea with milk. My nana, who is very british, has always served me tea this way. Always in fine china as well. Tea does NOT taste as good any other way, I swear by it! Even the pot the tea is steeped in seems to effect the taste.

It is very normal to put milk/sugar in tea? I live in japan right now and no one ever adds anything to tea. I've gotten quite used to it.
And I've NEVER had it with sugar before.
This will be fun to try so many different things!

It's normal to have milk and sugar in tea yes :D i only take mine with milk though & not much as i like it strong - my b/f has 3 sugars & milky!!! ugh too sweet for me. xxx

im from the south and i still say tea lol actually i flit between saying dinner and tea! just to confuse u more lol! x

I'm from the south too and to me tea is a light evening meal, as opposed to dinner which is the main meal of the day whether it's eaten in the middle of the day or evening. Lunch is a lighter midday meal. So I have lunch and dinner or dinner and tea!

I don't drink tea but haven't had bovril in ages, might get some today!

:rofl: DH and I will have shouting matches about calling it tea vs dinner. :rofl: I'm a very stubborn American. :lol:

you never have milk in earl grey tea,peppermint tea though. milk is always just in basic tea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->