hi a few questions

bexs

Reaction score
:wacko:
hi everyone
been looking at the aite for a while now and decided to join cause it looks brill!!
ive been trying to conceive for a while now unfortunnatly ended in two misscarriges though which broke my heart :nope:
ive been with my fiance liam for 3 years now.i had a question though before i start trying again,
my biggest fear is labour is the pain REALLY that bad?
and any tips for conceving?
thanks sooo much :hugs:

Hi Bex,

Welcome to B&B! Labour is painful but not enough so that it should stop you! Plenty of women go through labour and then choose to do it again and again. Also, there are lots of pain-relief options and you forget the pain soooo quickly. I found that although I was aware of being in pain at the time, I went into my own little world and was so focused that I felt disconnected from it and that made it totally manageable. It's just a few hours or days and in return you get the love of your life!

Three tips for ttc and at least 2 of them you'll prob know already...1)loads of sex! obviously 2) Try not to get stressed out with it all and don't fall into the trap of doing rediculous things you read on the internet - like spin around 4 times on your head, suck the juice out of a grapefruit and then have sex whilst holding a crystal...(I'm sure you'll have seen the kind of thing!) the stress of trying so hard only makes ttc more difficult! and 3) Sanatogen his and hers prenatal tablets are rather good!

I'm sorry to hear that you've had to go through 2 miscarriages. I'm sending you a huge hug and plenty of baby dust!

Lx

Bexs,

Firstly, the moment you announce a pregnancy the first thing people want to do is rush in and tell you how horrendous labour is and it last for a WHOLE week, and I'll never be the same again, it's the worst in the world blah blah blah.

Secondly, it starts off as mild pains and builds, if you get to a point where you don't want to feel it anymore there is gas and air, pethidine, morphine (depending on the hospital policies) and for total relief an epidural (I ahd this with DS and slept the whole way through and they woke me to tell me to push, I didn't feel anything)

Thirdly, if you have a medication free delivery I personally did not find it that bad. With my DD there was no time, (second babies tend to be quicker) I had 3 contractions and then the urge to push. Yes they were sore, but I had to concentrate so hard on not pushing that pain was the least of my worries, I did not feel it, I was concentrating so hard on getting to the hospital. WHen the midwife said I could stop trying not to push and push it literally was the best feeling ever!! I've never been so relieved in my life and dd was born.

You are never going t hear the 'labour was ok, not too bad, had epi, no big deal' stories, you will hear the 'a friend, of a friends cousin....' stories that have been exaggerated x10

Plus if it was that bad, women would only do it once! why would we don it again and again :D

I really enjoyed my labour hun :hugs: Yes, it was painful but it was an amazing experience and when you get handed your brand new baby you forget all about the pain.

Welcome to B&B and WTT. SO sorry to hear about your losses, you will find that so many of us here have been there and can understand what you have being going through.

Secondly yes Labour is painful but i personally found it to be such a positive experience and I had no pain relief. Its painful but its a purpose like someone else mentioned I was so focused on it and i knew that each pain was bringing my LO closer and I got so excited.

Prenatal vits for you both are good, and lots of fun sex and relaxation.

Good Luck!

Hey there & welcome! I have never been through labour, but i'm inclined to believe that if it was that awful girls wouldn't do it a 2nd & 3rd & 4th time lol!

I recommend staying away from caffine (both of you), & if you OH smokes it reduces sperm count - other than that just all the things mentioned already :) BUT MOST OF ALL DON'T GET HUNG UP ON THE DETAILS! just enjoy it :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->