Hi all, I'm new, think I'm slightly mad, opinions please?

proudmummy

Proud mummy to my 2 boys
Reaction score
Hi there, looking forward t getting to know everyone.

I have a gorgeous 5 week old baby boy and love him more than I ever thought was possible, He takes up all my time but I wouldnt have it any other way. I have always wanted 3 children, the first 2 with a small age gap and the last when they are both at school.

My husband and I have talked and are thinking of ttc again fairly soon, maybe even as soon as October!! Am I mad?

I had a relatively easy pregnancy and a really easy birth so only have good memories and really miss being pregnant. I love the idea that my son would grow up close to his brother/sister.

Have I lost the plot?

hi sweetie, of course you havent lost the plot!! many parents want their children to be close in age and if you start TTC in october they will have about 18 months between them, which is a nice age gap for many :flower:

Welcome to BnB and to WTT :hugs: x

Nah, you're not mad! October time sounds alright - might take you a few months to conceive, baby arrives latter half of 2011...perfect!! :hugs:

x

Do you know how it would work with work? (lol) I am going back in January however had hoped to be leaving and finding another job. I dont know if that would still be an option as I will be pregnant again when I go back. My boss would not be happy

My friend is 3 months pregnant and is just going back after 9 months maternity leave. She'll work for four months then go off again with normal mat pay xxx

Sounds perfect to me eeekkk I'm so excited now,

I felt like this after my second baby. It took a few months for the urge to go. I think it was my hormones tbh, and now im glad I didnt do it because i would have had the baby by now, and wouldnt want another one yet :) However, we were Not Trying Not Protecting for 18 months after #2 was born (withdrawal method) :mrgreen:
If you REALLY want to, go for it :)

I'm planning on trying when my LO is 5 months. As long as you think you can manage 2 children with the minimum possible age gap then I don't think there's a problem. They aren't going to be babies forever.

Your not mad at all!!

My little boy is 14 weeks now, and since he was about 5 weeks ive really missed being pregnant, and gradually I have turned really broody, to wanting to do the whole experience again, and having a brother or sister for Liam.

Your plan sounds perfect. I have always wanted 3 children myself, but never thought about how close I wanted them to be together. After Liam was born we agreed on leaving it 18 months before trying, but now im not to sure.

I had a brilliant pregnancy and labour and birth was a breeze (lasted 3 hours 55 from start to finish) although I suffered a third degree tear that hasnt put me off at all!! Am I mad?? Haha!!

Go for it - 9 months is a long time really, and if you want them close close then October sounds a great time!

x

You would need to check with your employer about whether you would get mat pay for second one or not. There is a woman at my baby club who has a 5 month old and is pregnant again with her second. She isnt entitled to a second lot of mat leave and has to claim mat allowance through the job centre :shrug: xx

I have a 17 month gap between my boys and although i can be hard work at times i wouldnt change it for the world!!! :)

On the Groups section, theres a group called "Back to back pregnancies". Maybe look on there and read other womens experiences? Some ladies have got pregnant only a few weeks after their baby was born x

your not mad at all and if you are then i am too! lol. imogen is not 5 month ols, and even as soon as she was born i was taking about having a brother for her!! (id gone off the idea of having three after been induced with evil oxytocin and forceps but im back on track with the 3 idea now lol). i think about been pregnant and having another baby every day, im soooooo broody!! were starting to try again in october (periods permitting as im breastfeeding until july /aug) and i'd like a 3rd when imogen is at school, although hubby keeps saying 2 is enough, but i know i'll win in the end, i keep saying he cant deny me no more bumps lol.

Hey im as mad as you in that case. Caleb was 5 weeks old yesterday and im thinking about another asap. I had a really hard pregnancy and was in hospital a lot so i need to try and let my head rule my heart. We only want 2 and want a small age gap but i am worried how i would cope. Ideally i would want caleb potty trained and out a pram before my second came but my heart says i wont wait that long x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->