Hi all

maisie78

Mum
Reaction score
Hi, been lurking in here for a few weeks but this is the first time I've posted. OH and I have been together for just over 10 years. We've been putting it off for a while now for one reason or another but I'm 32 now and OH is 35 so we (I) decided it was about time.

Came off bcp 3 weeks ago, had breakthrough bleed about a week later so I am cd14 today.

My OH is the sort of man who is quite happy when faced with a fact but when faced with the "how we get there" doesn't do so well. I thought I had sort of, in a round about way, told OH that we were ntnp. That was until this evening when I actually spelt it out to him :haha:

Bless him I thought he would pass out to begin with. We talked about it though, about the fact that we really aren't getting any younger and that if we always wait until the time is right (which we have done for too many years now) we'll never have a child and he agreed that now is as right a time as we are going to get.

So here we are trying and not preventing. Wish us luck :winkwink:

Nice to meet you all and :hug: to you all

Hi and welcome!

Heh, your OH sounds similar to mine. I think some men like the idea of kids but don't really like to think about the nitty gritty of how it actually happens as it freaks them out a bit. :D I think my OH always assumed it would somehow happen accidentally (even though I was very good at taking my pill properly), so he was a bit freaked when I said 'look, we're actually going to have to start thinking about it!'

Best of luck to you! :hugs:

hello!

hubs is the same, he's more broody than me but I still had to sit him down and say we need to get a mush on

Men are so funny! We only started trying as I had an old test lying around which when we moved got put into the bedside table, which my husband found and then asked if i had some news, to which I replied no why did you want me to have some?!

So then we had a chat and decided to finish all the pills I had and then start ntnp.

Welcome and I hope you have a nice stay in ntnp.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->