Hi everyone, I'm new and would really appreciate a friendly ear :)

fuffyburra

Hattie Flower's mummy :)
Reaction score
Sorry everyone, this is going to be a long story, brace yourself!
I'm on the pill (and take it religiously, 6am every morning, no sickness or anything that could make it not work) and took it 3 months in a row because I couldn't have any more time off work with period pains. When I finally did have my week off nothing came for about 5 days, and then I had a miscarriage.
I was about 5 weeks and didn't know, but it was really tough on me and my OH. Anywho, that was about 2 months ago. I didn't go straight back on the pill cos I was in a bit of a state and completely forgot, and we had unprotected sex, but the next morning I took the morning after pill (within 12 hours).
I have a few symptoms and I'm paranoid I'm pregnant (because let's face it, contraception didn't work so well for me last time, eh?! lol), and to be completely honest I kind of want to be. I've always wanted children more than anything, but me and my OH are still living with our parents. So I can't help feeling like I had the thing I'd always wanted and now it's gone, and I would do anything to have it again, even though I know I can't (which only makes it worse, see?)
Sorry this has been so long, but when I mention it to my friends they say "it'll happen in a few years, why are you so impatient?". No help at all :p
So thankyou so much if you read this, you deserve a medal! Hope to hear from someone soon, could really use some support xx

Hey Hun first of all... Welcome :)

The only advice I have is if in doubt do a test!

The symptoms my just be a result of your misscarriage.

The miscarriage was about 2 months, do you still get symptoms from then? I don't much about it, I was confused lol. I did a test about a week ago even though I knew it was way too early, I got impatient :p I'm doing another one today which should show up.

hi,
sorry to hear of your loss hun but what makes you say you cant have it again ? and how does your OH feel ? i guess it is a case of pros and cons but these things do happen - how would your parents feel and would you stay under there roof ? anyway if you are pregnant now good luck to you both but if not then as your friends have said never say never time is on your side :hugs:

Well my OH thinks it's not practical, and I know he's right but I don't like hearing it lol :p He says if I am now, then we would cope with no problems, but he'd rather wait until it's a better time and we have our own place. He wants them in about 2 or 3 years. I know it's not long, but it feels like forever doesn't it? lol. I don't wanna pressure him, that would be unfair. I couldn't really stay at home either, it's a small house and my sister lives here too so it'd be awfully crowded :p
Thanks for the help, I feel so much better about it already just knowing that I'm not being stupid for feeling all this :)

Hello sweetie,
We are all here for you so rant away hun. I know its fustrating hun, a lot of us are in the same boat. What do you want? what if you had a baby and still living with parents? is that what you want? At the end of the day as long as you and OH are happy and that thats all that matters. if you know what i mean.
Ok like me and OH have only just moved in together a month ago, i wanted a baby for a long time but i knew deep down i wanted to buy a house with OH.
The way i got through it was having little countdowns and things to aim for. We are still not sure when we are going to TTC, but i try to have little aims, like working on house and that!
Hope this helps, x

I have those little countdown things too :p lol glad it's not just me. If I were pg now we'd be able to move out I think, we wouldn't be rich or anything but I know my OH wants to finish his apprenticeship next September before we move out. It makes sense, I just needed to know that other people feel the same as I do. Makes me feel less silly :p

I kinda know how you feel hun, I wasn't in a huge rush until I had a miscarriage from an unplanned pregnancy, I've never got over it and now it's all that I want.

Perhaps you can just focus on getting yourself in a position to TTC asap, not sure of your current situation but presumably you have plans to move into a place of your own, can this be brought forward at all??
Hope all is well for you, I doubt you'd still have physical symptoms after 2 months and if you've taken the morning after pill (in time) the chances are very slim of you being pregnant. If it's any consolation, every time I had sex following the miscarriage, I was convinced I was getting pregnant even when it was physically impossible!

I don't think it can be brought forward unfortunately :( I think I'll just have to wait it out and enjoy my time with my OH until then. He's very understanding about it and always says the right thing, and he wants children a lot too. He said if everything goes well with his apprenticeship it might be about 18 months, so that's exciting :) Thanks for all your help, it's reassuring to know there's people out there who will help you anytime, no matter what the problem :) xx

I forgot to say good luck to you as well! So good luck :) xx

babe, babies dont need rich parents just parents that love and adore them honestly xx

They would certainly have that :) I figure that if you wait until you can afford to have babies, you'll probably be about 60 :p lol. Just as long as we have our own place, I'm ready :)

hugs, it must be awful hun. I couldn't imagine waiting that long when you want it so much now, fingerscrosed it just happens for you hun :)

Hello! I just wanted to say hi and welcome :) xx :hugs: x

Thanks everyone :) You're all really sweet ^^ Had another chat with OH last night about it and he's very understanding, and we came up with some ways of taking our minds off it til we move out and we might actually stand a chance of making it happen :) We even made a little list of things we need to do in the meantime to make it easier. Hooray! :) Better than nothing lol xx
Ps. Madhouse1980 8 kids? Must be a handful, but great fun at the same time! You lucky thing :) xx

Just wanted to say welcome :)

Sorry to hear about mc :hugs: I know what you mean about being sooo ready but waiting for the OH. Im planning a holiday for march to take my mind off it and so i have something to look forward to and focus on. Im hoping he will be ready after that, or maybe even have that happy accident on holiday :)

xxx

Ooooh a holiday! What a good idea, I might plan one too, take my mind off it :p Any excuse for a holiday!!
Good luck, fingers crossed for you! :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->