Hi everyone... newbie in the room :blush:

Tchan

Reaction score
Hiya!

I stumbled across Baby and Bump about a week ago online, and I've been glued to it ever since. Finally decided to just jump in and get posting!

I absolutely love the fact that there are so many people out there, like me, who spend all day every day thinking about having a baby even though it could be weeks, months or years before we can ttc! (Look at me, learning the lingo! lol)

A bit about me: I'm 25 and my fiance (is fiance "DF"?) is 29. Although I've always known I want to have kids "in the future", it was only when we got engaged (a few months ago) that suddenly all I could think about was babies! I actually spend more time online looking up baby stuff than wedding stuff!

We're WTT because we both want to be married before ttc (the wedding will be in December this year). Plus next week we're moving from London to Sydney(!) for 2 1/2 years, and I can't imagine having my first baby 11,000 miles away from my Mum! So in short we're both agreed that we probably can't ttc until the start of 2012. So far away!!!!!!!!!!

I just thought I'd do a bit of an intro and hopefully I can get to know some of you better. Apologies for the ridiculously long first post! Anyone who replies I'd absolutely love it if you'd tell me a teeny bit about your background as well. Maybe just age and reason for wtt?

Thanks everyone!

Welcome Tchan, I'm relatively new as well, but like to post too much! haha...anyway, about me, my name is Heidi, I'm 33, I am married and have one son Liam who is a bit over 2 years old. I live in Florida in the US, but may be moving relatively soon, who knows...we are WTT for a sibling in the next few months or so, after we see what happens with my husbands family (his grandfather is in the ICU) and job situations. I work at an ER on the overnight shift (!) and love this site, everyone is so much nicer and genuinely caring than the other site I was attached to since having a miscarriage in 2005. Ok, now that I've told my whole life story LOL ....NEXT! :D

Welcome :)

I'm not WTT but thought i'd say hi :)

Hi Tchan

My name is Mel, I'm 24 (engaged) and from Cape Town South Africa .I'm new here too and all i can say is that i LOVE this site!! I learning something new everyday and the other members are so helpful with offering advice. Just a warning: it's addictive!! :) i spend most of my free time (and some of my worktime) here

hi
my name is Deborah im 27 and i live in London. i had a little girl just over 3 months ago and i love being a mum so much. i have always been about my career, im a teacher in secondary school. we decided to have a baby after we were married and i got a good promotion so career is good.
i now love being mummy so much i am concerned about going back to work, i hate leaving her. hubby is thinking about another already and wants to try later this year. im thinking of trying a little later than that, but a year is a long time and you never know what happens or how you feel, so heres to waiting.

enjoy your move that sounds so exciting

Hi and welcome :) Glad to see you posting rather than just reading, this place is great for keeping sanity :) xx

Hey, welcome to the site.
Wow, what an exciting move!
-x-

Hiya, I'm Laura, I'm 24 & been married 2 years and I'm WTT as my OH isn't ready for children & also we'd like to have more money saved. We will probably be TTC late 2010/early 2011 depending on our circumstances then, hopefully oH will be ready by then!xx

Hi, I'm Lily, I have a 4 month old baby girl named Kathryn. I just got married in october (to Kathryn's daddy) and we are wtt for #2 until 2011 or 2012. We have to save up for a bigger place, plus I want Kathryn out of diapers before ttc (I can't imagine trying to change double the diapers! :rofl:). Welcome to BnB.

Wow thanks so much everyone! I've had a really crummy really hectic couple of days and I haven't had a chance to get back online, so to come back to all these messages is lovely!

Heidi, thanks for your post, I hope your husband's grandfather gets well soon. Thanks for everyone telling me all about their situations and hopes for the future. Good luck everyone! Let's hope the time flies by quickly until we can finally get started!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->