Hi Everyone! TTC#1 (and only!)

Sparklepants

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

I didn’t think I’d ever be here asking questions – yet here I am! I am 30 years old and my husband and I have been trying to conceive for about two months now. I know, I know, two months isn’t a long time at all – but here’s my story.

We were pregnant once before a year and a half ago, a pregnancy which I terminated. I became pregnant after only a very short time of being reckless (about 1 week) and I am almost certain I became pregnant while on my period. Before that I had been careful through birth control and withdrawal for over a decade without incident. I caught the pregnancy at three weeks after testing at home because my breasts were very sore and I had a short fuse. I had never had those symptoms before in all of my years of fertility, so I knew something was off. The pregnancy was medically terminated at 5 weeks. I have not been on any sort of birth control since then besides withdrawal. My husband and I are now in a much better position financially and situationally then we were before, and want to have our family.

For the past two months of trying to conceive, both months I have gotten sore breasts and a very short temper (just ask my husband! Heh….). Like I said, I have never had these symptoms before becoming pregnant. When I was certain I was pregnant back in August, my period then came a week early and was particularly painful when generally my periods are pain-free. I believe this to have been an early termination of pregnancy, but I can’t be certain. The same thing happened this month, only my period came on time yesterday without incident. Honestly I’m just really confused and a little frustrated. The first time seemed to come so easily and I knew right away, and now I don’t know if I missed my window of opportunity or what’s going on. I’ve just been really sad these past few months when I’ve gotten my period and need some support from you ladies. Both my husband and I are both healthy, eat well, and try to exercise.

Thank you in advance for all of the support and discussion. I look forward to following everyone’s stories.
:hugs:

Hi Sparkle. You only have about a 15-25% chance of getting pregnant each cycle even when everything goes right. I wouldn't worry too much if you're only on cycle 3 now. If you're interested in tracking your cycles and becoming more familiar with your fertility signs, I recommend fertilityfriend.com.

Good luck trying for your baby :)

Oh that's interesting! I didn't know that. I signed up for Fertility Flower today, going to start doing the whole temperature taking and such. Thank you, i'm really hoping I can have a success story one day :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->