Hi...Im new - and a bit confused!!

kittybabybump

Reaction score
Hi ladies!

I am newly preggers - i found out last week - and i need some help girlies!!

My last period started on 30th October 2007 but i know i conceived on November 6th as this is the only time i had sex!! - my cycle is 28 days, spot on every time, which would ,mean i conceived 2 days after my period finished.....!

So how would i work out how many weeks i am as when i use any of the online pregnancy calendars it tells me i estimated conceived on the 13th November... so am i 5 weeks and 3 days?

HELP!!!

xx

just did one for u it may change when u have your 1st scan this is just estimate

Due Date Calculator

Your baby will be born on or around Tuesday, August 5, 2008.

You are about 5 weeks pregnant

Okay this is confusing for me too, which is not much help....the only thing i can say is that you'll probably have to wait until your first ultrasound to get an accurate answer.

Welcome to BnB! :hi:

Congrats on your pregnancy, I wish you a happy and healthy 9 months and since you know when you got pregnant, I would just count the weeks from the day you concieved. Remember though, at your first U/S that might change. :hugs:

p.s day of sex is not neccesarily the conception date as it will take time for the egg to come down the tube and sperm to meet it so could occur a few days after sex

Thanks everyone, its such a shock to me that this has happened, but am very happy all the same!!

I have booked a private dating scan for Monday morning so will have to wait and see, am so excited!!

xx

Hi ladies!

I am newly preggers - i found out last week - and i need some help girlies!!

My last period started on 30th October 2007 but i know i conceived on November 6th as this is the only time i had sex!! - my cycle is 28 days, spot on every time, which would ,mean i conceived 2 days after my period finished.....!

So how would i work out how many weeks i am as when i use any of the online pregnancy calendars it tells me i estimated conceived on the 13th November... so am i 5 weeks and 3 days?

HELP!!!

xx

If your period started on October 30, and your cycles are 28 days long, the law of averages would say you ovulated on the 12th (14 days after the first day of your period.) If you had sex on the 6th, the sperm could easily have lived (under good conditions - no spermicide, good cervical fluid, etc.) for 5-6 days. Even if you ovulated a day or two early which many women do, you could easily have conceived from Nov 10 to Nov 13 or so, depending on how long the sperm lived, and when you actually ovulated.

The medical community will date you by your last menstrual period and would make you due about August 6th, 2008. You'd be 5 weeks 2 days pregnant (including the 14 days you weren't pregnant). And your baby is probably about 3 weeks old.

If you ovulated a little early, your baby is a little older than 3 weeks ;)

congratulations on your pregnancy,

Thanks everyone, its such a shock to me that this has happened, but am very happy all the same!!

I have booked a private dating scan for Monday morning so will have to wait and see, am so excited!!

xx

OKAY as of today, you are 5weeks and 4 days, due 5th AUg 2008. Your dates are always taken from the fist day of your last menstrual period as it makes it is easier in giving a better idea to when you are due, as not many people know when they ovulate, and even ig you did you still would not know when you actually conceived. So working from this date makes it easier and as accurate as it can be for now.

As for the scan, you say you have a private scan booked for Monday, all I wanted to say was please do not be alarmed if they do not see much or can't find anything as you will not quite be 6 weeks pregnant, and it is very hard to see anything on a scan much before that and sometimes even then
too.

Wishing you a very healthy & happy pregnancy!

Good Luck hun, and Welcome to baby and bump :hugs:x
!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back