Hi! im new and have a question?

Broodylady

Reaction score
Hi all! I am new and have a few questions about people experiences coming off the pill I know there have been similar posts but im just wondering about people who have been on Microgynon 30? How long have people waited for until they had regular AF? I came off it in Nov/Dec and still not reg? Im NTNP but last month early Feb I had a really light and short AF and now this month im 2 almost 3 weeks late? Took a test last week and it says neg but if anything caught id be around 8 weeks? (Hubby in army and is away alot) so not sure also been having alot of symptoms backache, tired, headaches, bloated etc?

Hi, I can't help with your questions but just wanted to say welcome.

I came of microgynon in the December and got pregnant in the early June, but up till that point my periods were quite irregular with my cycles gradually getting longer until they settled at about 34 days or so.

I think the pill gives you an artificial cycle and it does take a few months for your body to get back to it's natural rhythm.

Hope you get your BFP soon! X

I havent any person experience of this BCP but I know it varies women to women how quickly cycles become "normal" again.
You could speak to your doctor about things if you are unsure or test again, it should give you a god result now.

Thanks for your replies guys! I know there is a small chance that people will be using the same pill as I was but I was just hoping lol! I took another test first thing this morning but it still said neg booked an appt with doctor because I want to triple check cause im having really bad back ache and its on constantly keeping me up at night and ive had some cramping like im coming on but ive had nothing come though plus im so bloated so I dont know if my body is kidding itself or what! I know your body experiences some pregnancy symptoms when coming off the pill but I wasnt expecting just getting them now since middle of Nov!

Hi,
I was on Microgynon for about 8 years and came off it at the begining of January. I finished my last pack, had my normal period but now I'm on CD79. I'm a little more relaxed about it now than I was in February, I was desperate to get my period so I knew where I was but I think stressing just makes things worse. I had really bad symptoms coming off the pill too, mood swings, bloating, cramps, back ache. So like a lot of women I thought it was pregnancy symptoms but I've done a few tests and neg and I'm not sure if I've even ovulated. When I was at my worst with moodiness, bloating, cramps etc I started taking Star Flower Oil and after a couple of weeks I started feeling back to normal again. So I would definately recommed this to any one coming off the pill.
I see it now as a waiting game, until I start getting periods again we'll just NTNP. I don't really want to stress myself out trying to track temps and ovulation when I'm all over the shop still! I just wish they had told me these difficulties when I started taking the pill.
Hope all goes well at the docs.

Hi there, I took my last Microgynon on 2nd September, first cycle was 31 days long and they settled pretty much straight away (range from 29 to 33 but usually 30/31).

You say you've booked in with your doc, hopefully they can give you some answers. Good luck! :thumbup:

Hi,
I too came off microgynon in early dec and had first cycle 28, then 34, then 40. I have had the same symptoms for end of march and april - horrible backache, really bloated, tired, dizzy. I just went to the doctor this week and did a blood test for pregnancy, iron and thyroid but the dr suggested its just symptoms of coming off the pill. It really threw me off because I thought if i was going to have these symptoms, why now instead of when I first came off the pill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->