Hi- I'm new and just had second m/c

JJar

It's a girl!
Reaction score
:cry:
Hello all! I'm new here and thought it might be time to hear what other people are going through. My hubby and I have been ttc for 1 year. In october we had a very early m/c. This last week, after my second iui, I had a blood test done. It was positive, but REALLY low hcg level of 3.6. On my second blood test three days later, it only went to 4.5. I go back for a third test tomorrow and it isn't looking good.

I started bleeding last night.

Have any of you been through this too? This is two early m/c in 6 months and I don't know if I can take a third one. I'm going to chat with my doctor about what we can do to prevent this from happening again. I'm taking a month off at my doc's and acupuncurist's suggestion.

I'd love to meet some of you and hear your stories. Take care.

hi Jjar, I'm sorry for your two losses sweetie :hugs:

I've had 2 losses too. Both my bubs dies around 7/8 weeks. I didn't really do anything differently third time round and this pregnancy so far has been fine and all is well.

I got pg really quick 3rd time. 2nd time was a drag. 1st was medium.

I did a lot of reading around mc and trying again and a few things that I found out were:

- upping folic acid doesnt hurt but it can help. I took 6-8 a day instead of 1
- get your progesterone checked as prog is really important to sustain an early pregnancy. If yours is low this is easily fixed
- mcs happen mainly for genetic reasons. So theres not a lot you can do about it. It really is bad luck in that when your egg met the sperm, something didnt quite work out right and so the pregnancy was doomed at outset

I hope your doc appt goes well x

Sorry to hear about your two losses...

I have experienced a similar thing - but I have PCOS as well - which apprently increases the chance of MC anway - i've only just found that out after my 2nd loss :(

I'm in the UK, so tests and treatment are different from America, but I would push for some testing of some kind if they will do it. I am just about to go back to my doctor to see what they can offer me in terms of testing or treatment as well... Much like you - i don't know if I can take a 3rd MC either :( :( :( Good luck xx

Hi I'm waiting to start trying again after my second loss. The first time was bad enough, but now it's happened twice in a row I'm even more upset as I feel like it will happen over and over again. I very much hope I'm wrong, stories like kangas give me hope. Here they won't consider any tests until you've had 3 losses. X

Hi Jjar. Soooooo sorry to read your story hun :-(

Im currently going through my second m/c straight after my 1st!! Really worried now but apparently doctors wont do tests until youve had 3 m/c?! How harsh is that!!! x x

Yup - thats the UK for you!

I am going back to see my GP next Tuesday following my 2nd loss to see what they can do regards my PCOS and fertility and due to my age (i'm 35).

I would like them to run a few more tests on PCOS to find out if my hormones are ok and if I am insulin resistant.

I am already dieting and doing more exercise which should help to knock a few pounds off which will impact my PCOS in a good way.

I have another medical test I need to do - a colonoscopy - hopefully in the next month or so - then me and DH will be back on the TTC bandwagon!

Tell me about it! Absolutely useless...... and heartless!

My bestfriend has PCOS and after a looooong tiring time shes just given birth to a lil cutie pie a week ago! Theres hope for us all. Im nearly 32 hun so youd think at least with the age we are we would be able to have every test going!!! xx

Thank you everyone. My husband always tells me it never hurts to think positive about all this as worry won't help us at all... one of those things that is MUCH easier said than done!!
Take care

Agreed Jjar! Its hard to think or feel positive in a situation like this :-( We have to stay strong and keep going!!! Imagine how much we will appreciate our babba's once we all finally get our sticky bfps!! x x

Hi I had two miscarriages last year, on in July and one in November. I thought I would never cope with the grief the second time around, but now after a few months of time to heal and testing that showed nothing but bad luck, my hubby and I are ready to try again. It is a scary road, but I guess it is the only way to get the most amazing gift possible at the end, a baby. Good luck to us all, I hope we can all avoid the heartache again.

i have also had two miscarriages in a row. we are ttc again and i am terrified of it happening for a 3rd time. i hope & pray that we get to keep the next baby.

xo

Aw, ladies. I feel for all of you! My OH and I had a MC in Oct. and then again 3 months later in January. I had a D&C at 10 weeks with both of them...the first we lost at 7.5 weeks, and the 2nd he made it to 6.5 weeks after we saw his heartbeat. My dr. was willing to do testing on the 2nd fetus (which is how we know it was a boy), only to find out that it was a chromosomal abnormality (trisomy 16), and so there were 3 16s instead of 2. I was glad to hear that nothing was "wrong" with me, but at the same time its hard to hear that there is nothing I can do differently next time. I hear the fear in all of you as you talk about trying again. It is so scary and completely out of our hands! This is why they call birth a miracle b/c SOOO many things to need come together perfectly to create that beautiful baby.
JJar, I hope you will find the strength you need to get through your losses as well as the "trying" phase!
I have not been on this site for some time now, and I was feeling alone in my struggles, its nice to know that there are other women who know exactly how I feel. The emotions go beyond the loss...
:friends:

I am also waiting to try again after my second miscarriage. I am thankful that my doctor did chromosomal testing after my second and I should get those results back tomorrow. Very nervous to try again as well, but I refuse to give up! It's good to know that others are going through the same thing. Good luck to you all!:hugs:

its really hard hon - Im just ready to ttc again - I read a great book which helped me through my 2nd mmc - coming to term by Jon Cohen - his wife had 4 mc in a row and he set about investigating all things mc related

Ive also got pcos and am in the over 35 club but you never know..we may get lucky one day

fingers crossed for everyone x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->