Hi I'm new! (and...why is my baby eating so much??!!)

yorksgirl

Reaction score
Hi,

I've made the jump from 3rd trimester 3 weeks since having my little boy (haven't had chance to get on the laptop!!). I had my first son 5 years ago and had forgotten what hard work it is with a newborn!
I've got a question...My son is bottlefed with aptamil formula and I give him a couple of bottles of breastmilk a day too. Thing is, he has gone from having about 80 mls every 3 hours to, for nearly the past week, draining a bottle of 120 mls every two hours or so. Is this normal? He was born 6lbs 11 oz at nearly 39 weeks (c-section) and had bad jaundice and sepsis due to ABO incompatibility (we have different blood types and mine contaminated his through the placenta). I'm just wondering if this has anything to do with his feeding, like he's trying to catch up?
He's growing well and seems to be thriving now, but am just wondering if this type of feeding is normal? I've thought it could be a growth spurt but do they last for a week? I read on the formula carton that a 3/4 week old should be having around 120 mls and 5 feeds a day?? Mine is having 120 mls every two hours including through the night!!!
Sorry I've wittered on for so long!!!

H x

Hi and welcome over :), sorry I'm rubbish with stuff and worried exactly the same, but I was told that a newborn won't take more than they need? (by my mil) I asked my hv about it and she said it was to much so I tried to reduce it, Sophie went mental and was so unsettled so went back to what she wanted and has been fine ever since, it may just be a hungry week and it may go back but I always let her dictate after that x

The back of the carton doesn't take into account individual differences, and more importantly, growth spurts - 2 hours sounds about right especially during a growth spurt, which is very common in the first few months.

Maybe you don't remember with your son because of amnesia LOL, it's exhausting!!! :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->