hi im new here and have no idea if i am posting in the correct place?

littleblonde

kacey and sophie
Reaction score
Im 26 weeks and 3 days pregnant and i have a tooth abscess. I dont have a dentist but did manage to be seen by an emergency dentist last saturday. It tried to burst the abscess but wasnt abe to. He prescribed antobiotics and said to get a dentist when i can to have tooth removed (easier said than done). I have had the abscess for no more than 3 weeks. I took the antibiotics and the pain has gone, the swelling from my face has gone , im just left with a small lump. I do have a funny taste in my mouth in the morning , not sure if from abscess or just night breath (sorry tmi).

I called emergency dentist today then couldnt see me but said that the lump takes a while to go down. I asked what effects this could have on my baby , he was vague and didnt really answer. Just said to get seen. I am going to try and get in on friday but its hit and miss weather i can or not.

Im so scared this is going to kill my baby . Anyone have any experience with abscess in pregnancy. How long before treatment? was there any bad effects or anything? Im terrified.

i find it difficult to see how your tooth abscess would harm baby. make sure the antibiotics are preg friendly and thats your main concern really. a qualified dentist can advise better as to when and how (with relation to the preg) to have the tooth removed. try not to worry. use the exemption card and get yourself seen by a dentist!

thanks for your reply. I wad told it was the pus. But i actually had the tooth removed yesterday. So panic over,

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->