Hi I'm new here :)

angel_mummy

Reaction score
Hi I'm new to this site and to the forums, I wasn't sure exactly which one to post in as I've experienced loss but will also be using fertility medication to try to conceive so I'll probably post it twice!

In 2007 I lost my son at 21 weeks pregnant. I suffered a severe placental abruption with an unknown cause. Around 6 weeks later they also tested me for an incompetent cervix which is so bad I will need an abdominal suture to hold baby in place and then will be delivered by c-section. I also have PCOS and haven't had a single period in 4 years since my late miscarriage.

So here I am, fast approaching 30 and it's been 4 years since my loss but every day is still as painful as the first. I'm not ovulating but have just been prescribed Clomid to help with that and hoping it will boost my ovulation a bit. I have also been given Norethisterone that I have to take 3 times a day for 10 days to bring on a period for me and then I take 50mg of Clomid days 3-7 and hopefully ovulate and even better, maybe fall pregnant!

I am terrified yet excited. It would completely break my heart if I experienced another loss but for 4 years I have been saying that I'm too scared and now I guess it feels like the right time in my life to try again.

I look forward to getting to know some of you and thanks for taking the time to read this :hugs:

Hello I wish you next year at this date to have your baby in your arms!!
Good Luck!

Welcome to BnB! This place has really been my saving grace since my first loss at the end of last year! There are some really nice and supportive ladies here.

Sorry to hear about your loss, and Im glad you're giving it another try :)
I hope you get your :bfp: soon!

Im with yorkshire-hope you have a baby next year at this time!!

Hi There, I just wanted to say that everyone on here is fab, supporting and understanding and sympathetic. Pour your heart out as we all here to read and help.

Hope you get some good luck soon xxx

Missed MC 11 weeks 15/04/11 :angel:

PUL 6 weeks 12/07/11 :angel:

Thanks to all of you for the welcome :hugs:

And Yorkshire, yes I hope so much to be able to remember turning 30 as the year I have a healthy bundle of joy rather than 'the big 3-0'!

Look forward to getting to know you girls x

Welcome.. Most of us on this forum have experienced some sort of loss .. Feel free to rant or talk.. We will listen with a kind ear.. Good luck on ur ttc journey

Hi there and welcome :flower:

I also suffered a placental abruption with identical twins at 23 weeks. This was 3 years ago and it has taken me this long to TTC again (been trying so far for 6 months). So I totally understand the terrified and excited feeling you are having. :hugs:

Wishing you lots of :dust: and hope you get a :bfp: very soon. xxx

Thanks Ollys hun, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. If your abruption was anything like mine then I think there is something about having one that really does terrify us to ttc again. I was all so sudden and traumatic I guess. Like I said on my post it's taken over 4 years for me to feel ready to try again, and I'm still terrified but with a little twinge of excitement as well :hugs:

Wishing you all :dust: xx

You're very welcome. You hit the nail on the head there. My abruption (concealed abruption, twins died after birth) had definitely put me off getting pregnant. In fact for three years I was convinced that was it and OH was due to have the snip. Good thing he didn't :)

Anyway I wish you tons of luck and a superglue sticky bean! :hugs2:

Welcome, I hope your BFP is just around the corner and your holding your Rainbow baby in your arms in no time :hugs:

xxx

Thanks to all for the lovely welcome's and replies, showering you all in :dust: lets hope we all get those :bfp:'s soon xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->