Hi Ladies-Anyone dealing with male factor infertility?

luvmydoggies

Reaction score
Hello,:hi:
I am dealing with male factor infertility and was wondering if anyone else was. I'm 37 and my dh is 30. We have been trying for 2 years + and last year found out it was my dh. He has good count but the quality is poor. He has low motility and low morphology.
I was wondering if any of you have gotten pregnant naturally-and what you did to beat the odds?
Or if anyone is dealing with it?
My dh is on vitamins/supplements that he started in Feb. I know it takes at least 3-4 months to make a difference.

Thank you.
Any advice will be truly appreciated.

I should also add that we just got the clearblue easy fer. mont. last month along with preseed and instead cups.

Hi there - sorry not yet - but didn't want to read and run, it must be really hard for both you and your DH. My DH hubby and I don't know what we are up against at this stage, started to TTC 3 months ago but its not happening yet, another 3 months before we hit the drs.

I wish you all the very best and hope you get your BFP soon regardless of any :spermy: issues..

Hi luvmydoggies

Both DH and I are 40 and we know my DH has low sperm count and poor sperm quality (motility was ok but morphology was horrid). We found out in 2009 and stopped trying at that stage.

He's on supplements and vitamins now but I've only been off BC for a month and still waiting for my cycles to settle.

So I'm not a huge help as to whether it can happen naturally but I live in hope as it only takes one :spermy: to do the deed.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge will come along and gives us some positive stories x

have read that a daily dose of 200mg C0-Q10 does wonders for the swimmers, also Carnitine is recommended but I don't know the dose, hth

Hi Storm1jet2:hi:
Yes-it is very hard. We have an appt. with an re set for May. I guess, I will wait to see what they say. I never thought it would be this hard to have a baby. We did not try till about a few years ago because we wanted to make our marriage strong- now i feel as though-maybe we waited too long. It is all so overwhelming when everyone around us is pregnant or has children. We really don't know anyone in our situation. I'm so happy that I was able to find babyandbump. Thank you so much for your encouragement.:flower: I also believe that it just takes one good :spermy:!!!!!!

Hi Macwooly:hi:
I'm so sorry to hear about your dh. It is a very hard thing to deal with. Thank you so much for the encouragement-it means so much!:flower: I really hope one of those:spermy: can make the journey.

Hi 6lilpigs:hi:
Thank you!!!!!:flower: Dh has been on carnitine since Feb. I will go buy co-q10. We are willing to try anything at this point.

Thats excellant about the carnitine already:thumbup: I'm adding a quick link to the article which mentions the effect of the co-q10, its begins half way down if you want to skip the top bit, if not read it all and see if theres any other tips in there:winkwink:
https://mythnomore.blogspot.com/2011/02/facing-ivf-and-dont-want-to-wean-your.html

6lilpigs-
Thank you so much for that article. It was really helpful. I appreciate it so much!!!! I forgot to mention in my last post that both your pics of your children are absolutely precious.

Thankyou! xxx They are a great gang, I wish everybody to have some of what I've got :)xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->