Hi

Pinkcasi

Reaction score
Hi everyone I'm new to this part of the forum, I had my baby girl on Friday 6th dec we came home on Sunday and I'm still getting to grips with everything, the first night home was a bit traumatic but since then it's been better.

I'm soooo tired and my boobs are sore last night they became engorged and I could only feed from the left I was so worried that she wasn't getting enough milk, but I googled it and managed to hand express a little so she could latch, my mw said I'm doing everything right but it doesn't feel like it.

It scares me to think that the only thing keeping this little girl fed and healthy is me and I worry I'm not up to the job. I freaked out last night had an anxiety attack I was convinced that there was some medication I should be taking, I felt dizzy and weird and shakey, my oh managed to calm me and I managed to get a few hours sleep which meant I did actually miss taking the injection I'm supposed to take to prevent dvt I don't know what it means that I missed it, I figured I'd just take them for an extra day and hope for the best.

So Stella has been asleep since about 5ish and I'm already thinking I should wake her for a feed after I got berated in the Breastfeeding forum for leaving her 6 hours when in hospital she didn't wake and the midwives didn't seem bothered, they said 6 hours was max so that's what I did, since we've been home she's gone nowhere near that long so I figure it was the pethidine that made her drowsy.

Anyway I'm rambling on so sorry, just trying to have an adult conversation lol

Hey! Welcome to baby club. I felt quite anxious the first few weeks too-- such a huge life change and responsiblity! I found nightime the worst for my anxiety-- not sure why. Anyways it eased off eventually, as did the baby blues. Well done for breast feeding it's hard work!, but sounds like you're doing a fab job. Xxx

Congratulations on the birth of your baby girl! :D

The nurses at the hospital I delivered at were never concerned about the girls sleeping so long after birth. I kept asking if I should feed them but they told me to let them sleep so I listened. They slept more than 6hrs. their first night!

I know how you're feeling. It was quite a shock for me as well, the first days after dd1 was born. I felt so clueless. When my milk came in I got very shaky too. It will be okay. Everything will fall into place. *Hugs*

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->