Hi

sunnybabe

Mummy to two naughty cats
Reaction score
Hi

Im new to this forum. What a great find. I just stumbled upon it whilst doing my usual searching about babies and TTC!! :)

My current situation is that im just waiting for my DH to give the go-ahead to TTC. It's so frustrating waiting though, especially as everyone around me keeps announcing they are pregnant. Im really happy for them all but also secretly jealous and just wish it was me making a happy announcement.

My DH had said a while back that we could TTC around now but now the time has arrived he is no more ready than he was 6mths ago :(

How do you all manage to pass the time while you wait to TTC without going completely mad? I really am going crazy at the moment thinking about it!!

xx

Hi and welcome to bnb !!!!

To be honest I have gone crazy - have found no cure unfortunately other than trying to busying myself in the house and work and not coming on websites like this (and that has been impossible !!)

what reasons has your H said for not wanting to ttc ??

Hi,

I have been waiting about 5 months but we made a firm agreement that it would be March 2009, before then wasn't possible.

My advice would be to sit down with him and tell him how you are feeling. If he could give you a date then you could start taking folic acid and get your body prepared to have a baby. That might keep you occupied!

I am feeling very restless this month and can't wait for next month to come!!!

hello.... i'm not new to bnb but i am new to wtt!! so hello!!!!!! xxxx

hello and welcome :)

Welcome to the site hunny.
I think on the whole, we just go mad and follow that through. :)
But it's defo easier when you have the lovely girls here to talk to
:hugs:

Hi! I'm quite new to this site too. I'm currently waiting to TTC - am planning to try over the summer. So I've decided to pass the time by trying to get body in the best and healthiest shape I can to make a nice home for future bump! I'm also gonna start trying my hand at charting next month. Nothing like being prepared! xx

Hi there

Thanks for all your replies :)

OH just says 'that he isnt ready' and won't give a date in which we can try, which I think is the most frustrating part! Although he does say he wants children at some point. Grrrrrrr!! LOL! Im currently at the stage where Im trying not to talk about it too much in order not to 'put him off'.

I guess ill just be spending more time in here instead :)
x

Hi sunny i know how you feel, my OH is exactly the same, he wants kids but dsent know when!!

Hi sunny, hold in there.

whilst waiting must be frustrating try and do all the things you love, i love my little Hermione but life is different. i fell pregnant within 2 months of being married so never had to wait - werent really trying (and not trying) if you know what i mean. But now being a mummy there are things i miss - so pass the time by making and completing a 'to do' before i am a mummy list.

Hope hubby sorts it out soon. maybe if everyone else is popping baby bumps out that might do the trick - it seems to have with my firends, im the first and now they are all thinking about or actually trying. Fingers crossed

Sounds like i am whinging - im not and wouldnt swap anything, just do all you want before bump and you will enjoy your LO when they arrive even more

TBH I think OH is simply just a little bit worried about giving up his morning lie-ins at the weekends!! Because otherwise (and we have been together a very long time) we have done most things.. uni, travelling, a couple of yrs working.

It always makes me laugh because his best friend is in the completely opposite situation... he is really broody but his girlfriend is not interested in babies at all!!

I think ive just been feeling a little bit more down about it (and selfish) as a couple of girls I know who are several yrs younger than me have just announced they're pregnant and im just JEALOUS! :hissy:

Doh!! Time to get over myself I think and sit hubby down and have a good talk!

Hope the talk works, if so tell me what u said so i can try it on my OH lol

Hi there

Thanks for all your replies :)

OH just says 'that he isnt ready' and won't give a date in which we can try, which I think is the most frustrating part! Although he does say he wants children at some point. Grrrrrrr!! LOL! Im currently at the stage where Im trying not to talk about it too much in order not to 'put him off'.

I guess ill just be spending more time in here instead :)
x

That so could have been me writing that! I am in exactly the same position! N my best friend is due to give birth to her 1st baby in 1 week. Im so excited for her, but soooooo jealous!

Sadly im too much of a wimp to have a good talk with hubby! I keep putting it off... so can't be much use in telling anyone what i said!

I'm glad to hear other people are in exactly the same position.

I once found an article that said the average age to have your first baby (in the UK) is 27 and pointed out to OH that I will now be older than that. He responded by asking what age men on average become first time dads and sadly that was 32 (i think).

oh bless ya honey i am sure he is just being a man bout things and worrying bout stuff we dont even think bout! i hope you are not hanging round here to long in the nicest possible way
:hug:

Dam!! I actually tried to have a talk with hubby. A lady at where I work brought in her baby and so I thought I would mention it and use it to lead into 'the talk'. OH would have probably shown more interested if I had been talking about the lifecycle of a woodlouse! Or he was deliberately showing no interest as he knew where the convo was heading! grrrrrrr!!

The baby today was soo cute! Really tiny and perfect, it made me even more broody!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->