Hibiscus in tea...help :(

Bubbles1088

Reaction score
Just posted this in my journal and thought I'd throw it out here as well. If anyone has any advice I would really appreciate it.

Ugh well freaking out a little now because I just had some apple cinnamon tea that I thought would be safe, but the second ingredient is hibiscus and apparently that's not ok in pregnancy. I don't drink tea hardly at all since becoming pregnant and now I'm freaking out. I just had one cup, didn't even finish the last bit. Anyone with any experience with this? One cup won't hurt me will it?

I doubt one cup of commercial tea with hibiscus in it will do you much harm. Most concern with certain herbs comes when they are administered in medicinal amounts (much more than you'd get in a cup of commercial flavored tea). I wouldn't continue drinking the type of tea, of course, but I doubt this will you do you any harm, considering the small amount.
Keep in mind that there is not significant testing of the effects of herbal teas on pregnancy so many are labelled unsafe for pregnant women just to "be safe." It sounds like hibiscus might have a history and have a little more weight to the warning but it was a teeny amount so I'm sure you'll be fine.

Thanks ladies. Every little thing worries me. -_-; Just need to make sure little bean will be alright! No more tea for me. Well maybe peppermint. ;)

I'm having peppermint teas myself. It's very nice, especially for naseua. It cools my stomach, a nice sedative feeling lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->