Hiding it fun!

Eternal

Three boys!
Reaction score
Seriously getting hard to hide, people seem to just ask, so are you having any more all of a sudden. Lol. I ended up telling a friend who is a neighbour the other day and it was so difficult giving half truth answer and to be honest I'm just too exhausted to be thinking on my feet.

Today, I spoke with two people, one asked if I was planning more, we were talking about our eldest son, hers has ASD and mine is going through assessments for it. I half wanted to say something but I'm also not ready.

The other one announced to me she was pregnant, I asked when she was due and said May, was hilarious discussing it because I'm also due May, she was asking questions about strep b as she found out she had it and I had it and one of my twins ended up with it. So I was discussing some of what the MW said about it to me, but trying to make it sound like all this was being said after the birth of the twins rather than last week lol. She ended by saying, so anymore for you, I just laughed and said, you never know I might catch you up soon, it's both our 4th. Lol.

Anyone else getting used to lying and telling stories? Or given in?

I was at a wedding shower earlier today with some girlfriends who are some real good time party girls. It was the middle of the day but the wine was flowing. They kept saying to me - what the hell - why aren't you drinking?? Why would you drive?? Why didn't you come out to the bar with everybody last week?? I was dying to be like - ladies, why do you think I would stop drinking and turn into a hermit for the past 2 months... Think about it a sec!

I just had one of them situations today, boyfriends mum was saying at Sunday lunch today how much she wanted a baby in the family n asking when I was planning on having one and stuff. I just sat there awkwardly saying "soon hopefully"

lOl I know how you feel. Haven't told anyone yet but it's so hard to hide it. I don'tthink I can wait much longer lol xo

Aaaahhhh, we've given in and I wasn't even 4 weeks. Plan was to wait until 14 weeks, but family got suspicious. My husband is away for work and stayed over a night at his step-sister. Well, I sent him a picture of me and dd and he ended up showing it to his sister. She then said that I am glowing and must be pregnant. Lol we soon reliased this will not be a secret for long and we can just as well spill the "bean". Haha

I've pretty much become a recluse because I hate lying but I've also got to a point where I just don't want to tell anyone, ever, I think once we start telling people then it'll be an avalanche of oh so helpful advice and people asking really personal questions - mainly from his sister and then peoples from work.

I have just found out this weekend that I'm pregnant with my second, which was a hell of a shock! I've got quite a few things planned in the run up to Christmas and really don't know how I'm going to get away with not telling anybody.

Going to a Stereophonics concert on 16th November and we've already arranged the meal and taxis back so we can all have a drink but I really don't know how to explain me not drinking, which my friends will pick up on straight away arghhh!!

I had to go on my best friends hen do last weekend and I just drank soft drinks, nobody questioned me because they must have thought there was vodka in my orange juice/cranberry juice. My best friend knows but nobody else did. Every time someone wanted to get the rounds in I would just say "its ok I'm alright at the moment Thanks" and managed to pass on the bottle of Champaign by just telling everyone I don't like it.

Other then that you could tell people that you are on antibiotics if they ask why your not drinking :)

I told my best friend, and my OH told his. I have been diagnosed with chronic migraines so I have been on detox for the last month anyway, so easy to explain away. I hope no-one picks up until Christmas, our 12 week scan will be around mid december so we will have a scan pic in everyones christmas presents :D

Ohhh yep!! I went to see some family this weekend and one of my cousins said "so you gonna have any more in the future then" and I couldn't lie. I just had to tell them. Keeping it quiet from a lot of people still though as I know some people will judge, sadly even my "friends".

I have just found out this weekend that I'm pregnant with my second, which was a hell of a shock! I've got quite a few things planned in the run up to Christmas and really don't know how I'm going to get away with not telling anybody.

Going to a Stereophonics concert on 16th November and we've already arranged the meal and taxis back so we can all have a drink but I really don't know how to explain me not drinking, which my friends will pick up on straight away arghhh!!

I find that if I get a drink and just stand there without drinking it no one seems to pick up on it. I had to go to a wedding a few weeks ago. I let them pour me a glass of wine but it just sat there full in front of me all night. I'm a terrible lier so I just don't want anyone to ask me why I'm not drinking in the first place.

We had a Halloween party Sat night - it would have been worse to cancel it but 2 people became suspicious when I didn't leave for the bar w/ everyone around 11:30 p.m. but DH just told them I was under the weather...I had bought non-alcoholic wine for the party to pretend but ended up just drinking apple juice in a solo cup so nobody said anything!

I had a friends 40th last week and i was driving, which is unheard of for me...! Excuse was dd1 was at a party and due home at 10 so i had to drive home at midnight instead of staying out... I don't think it worked though as the previous week people were also questioning why i wasn't drinking and was i feeling okay (oh commented that morning sickness meant i looked a little green and not myself!) fortunately no none has asked outright so have been spared the lies...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->