Hiding pregnancy... Ahh...

Daisy29

Reaction score
So, in the UK, it's Mother's Day next weekend. We are going out for a meal with my in laws (mother, dad, sister and brother). I always drink wine at their house for Sunday lunch and whenever we go out for for food with them.
They will guess straight away if I refuse wine. Does anyone have any ideas at all that they have done which worked or are going to do?

Last time I was pregnant, my mother in law offered me a glass of wine when I was around 7 weeks preg and I said I'd have water instead (she guessed straight away, but didn't say anything until we announced it).

I was thinking of say that hub and I are trying to see if we could go for a whole month without drinking alcohol. He thinks they would still raise eyebrows. Ha.

Any ideas anyone??
xxx

I think that's great.. Just make sure hubby is in on that. Let him even be the one to say it, not you might look a little less suspicious

Thanks gag. I'm such a rubbish liar and usually smirk or burst out laughing. I just can't think of anything else that might work.

Thanks gag. I'm such a rubbish liar and usually smirk or burst out laughing. I just can't think of anything else that might work.

I'm the same way. My husband tells me I'm a horrible liar.

How about saying you're on antibiotics for a chest infection or something?

Yeah antibiotics for a urine infection was my excuse, covered why I was going to the bathroom lots too!

I went for antibiotics for urine infection too! Only person who guessed anyway was my mum

I would go for the antibiotics thing but my dad in law and brother in law are both doctors... I know that most 'normal' antibiotics these days are OK to have a glass of wine or two. ha, ahh!!

I would go for the antibiotics thing but my dad in law and brother in law are both doctors... I know that most 'normal' antibiotics these days are OK to have a glass of wine or two. ha, ahh!!
What if you tell them you have a headache she just don't feel like drinking.. Would they still suspect ?

Just take a glass of wine as usual, pretend a few sips and chuck the rest when no one's looking. I successfully pretend-drank at Christmas using this method.

Pretend your hungover from drinking the night before & just don't feel like having wine, either that or drive maybe so it rules out drinking.

Do you drive? Could you nominate yourself the designated driver?

Ah, see the driving thing had been covered. That'll teach me to read more than the first page! Ha!

Metronidazole is an antibiotic you can't drink with. It can be used for various things but commonly for dental or vaginal infections. I suspect if you made vague comments about it being for 'something personal' you might not get too many questions!

Walk around with a drink. People won't offer you something if you already have something. You can also accept it and walnut around with it....and get rid of it at some point. :)

I've actually used the antibiotics one and then popped a prenatal tablet in front of friends as 'proof' worked like a charm.

If your dh drinks wine, order a glass, pretend to sip it and every now and again switch glasses with him so he drinks both but it looks like you're drinking. Once you order a glass people assume you're drinking and won't watch you too closely!! X

Antibiotics only works as an excuse if the people your with have never been pregnant - whenever any of my friends announces they can't drink because their on antibiotics we know they're really pregnant and hiding it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->