Hiding stashes.

SmartieMeUp

Mum of 2 girls.
Reaction score
In a little predicament, we have no where to hide stashes.

Last year, we had them in our room (bedroom 2) on top of the wardrobe in boxes, as the girls barely went in the room. We've swapped bedrooms (now in bedroom 3) and turned bedroom 2 into a huge walk in wardrobe - has mine/OH's, and both girls wardrobes as well as my makeup desk, OH's computer and the girls big dolls house. OH suggested emptying one of the wardrobes out but the girls go in there, boxes on top won't work as they will question them building up then suddenly going :haha:

Help? Where are yours (going to be) stashed?

I just have a pile of boxes in my room each year :haha: the boys don't really go in and have never questioned them when they have. In our old house we had them in the cupboard under the stairs. When we were in the smallest bedroom we had them under our bed

To be fair, we could probably get away with just boxes lol. We've been in this house almost 3 years and still haven't unpacked properly :haha: let them be disguised. We do have a 3ftx2ft cupboard in the bedroom but all christmas decs are in there and the cupboard in bedroom 2 has all coats and formal clothes. Our bed is upholstered so it has around 6" gap from floor to base :( barely get a cup under there

It's so awkward trying to find places. My friend keeps all theirs in the loft, but it's such a job, and a loud one at that, getting in our loft. We'd never get away with that.

I'm worried about the same this year. I think it will have to be the loft for us, but I worry about them getting damp or spiders getting in the boxes :haha:
Alternatively I might have to stash some things in boxes at OH's business storage unit but Rio goes there a lot too and whenever anything new appears he likes to know what daddy has brought!

We hide them in a big store cupboard upstairs. Two years ago Holly went to open the door but luckily didn't see anything. Since then we have fitted a lock to the top of the door!

I'm the same my house is so small, just a 3 bedroom terraced house and all rooms are taken up, so all my prezzies go to my mums until a later date, then I just wrap them and hide them in my room, and just tell the kids not to go in there, doesn't always work though :rofl:

Used to just keep in boxes in my bedroom cupboard but we're making that a computer area.

I've emptied a suitcase under my bed for now and we have our top wardrobes that DH can sort out if I need it (he had all random crap there and it doesn't bother me as I can't reach it). M

eldest was a terrible peeker this year for her birthday so need to make sure we're covered.

Loft here, just had a proper hatch and ladder fitted a few months ago and it's been a game changer as so much easier to get up there now :) in a pinch I bag them up in our room and drape a blanket over!

Thankfully we swapped rooms with kids and we have a lift ottoman bed which surisingly stores a hell of a lot. Majority will go under there and the rest will go in out walk in wardrobes which has high shelfs that I struggle to reach

X

Under my bed, in the bathroom cupboard or the cupboard under the stairs hidden under the paddling pool. Have to get creative, don’t have a lot of storage in this house.

We have a super king size bed so everything is stored under there! Except for a couple of big plastic ‘little people’ toys that are made up in the loft.

If I run out of room I will put stuff under the kids beds as they have ottoman pull up ones as well, but they can’t lift them. They’d be so close to their presents but have no idea :haha:

Under my bed, in the bathroom cupboard or the cupboard under the stairs hidden under the paddling pool. Have to get creative, don’t have a lot of storage in this house.

I totally read that wrong and sat wondering how on earth you hid things under a paddling pool (full of water outdoors) without them getting ruined, or even seen!! I think I need to go to bed.

I'm glad I'm not alone with the dilemma! We can all struggle together lol. Maybe chip in for a container to share ;)

I can't even use the attic as DD's bedroom is a loft conversion and the the entry hatch to the catastrophic excuse of an attic, is on the wall right next to DD1's bed :dohh: I can't win! I think the only way I can get them under my bed is if I take the slats out, but that's too much effort.

HAHAHA!! Maybe a paddling pool is a good investment if it's capable of hiding presents!

I’m the same boat ! The cupboard I usually hide things in is full of baby products.

I might be able to hid some small items in my wardrobe ! The stress already lol.

I totally read that wrong and sat wondering how on earth you hid things under a paddling pool (full of water outdoors) without them getting ruined, or even seen!! I think I need to go to bed.
Hahaha! No it’s just deflated and like draped over them.

They are usually under my bed, or side table , in a box , strictly no go zone. :haha:

I shove as much as I can in the basement closet where the electrical box is. And others stay in boxes in the laundry room. It's always hard finding hiding spots!

DH just brought home a massive Home Bargains reusable bag , so that’s getting put in my wardrobe ! I can cover it with a towel or something so the girls won’t see anything if they do go in my wardrobe which isn’t often anyway but wouldn’t risk it !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->