High Blood Pressure

kalia1988

Reaction score
Hi Ladies just looking for a little advice

since 9 dpo I have been testing and getting faint positive results the lines are getting darker every day.. thats a good sign my hormones are doubling isn't is??

I am 13dpo today and rang the drs to get an appointment for next week but they didn't have any so they fitted me in today, I have done a urine sample which they have sent of to the lab to be tested and she did my blood pressure which she said was high, I never ever suffer with high blood pressure, the only time I have was from around 37 weeks with my LB which resulted in me getting induced a week early -

I am having an early scan because of previous ectopic -

what does having high blood pressure mean this early on?? im so scared of having a mis carriage or another ectopic.

I am trying to keep calm and not stress - I am wondering if my High BP was because I am so anxious.

sorry for the babbling ladies :) xxx

My blood pressure fluctuates fairly often, in a calm setting it's normal, but then my anxiety gets the best of me and it rises dramatically when at doctors appointments. Never caused me any issues with my last pregnancy.

But yes anxiety and nerves can definitely have an impact on blood pressure, so try not to worry yourself :)

Did they say the numbers? Technically 141/91 is high but so is 250/140 and everything in between. (and higher but hopefully no one has a resting bp much higher than that!) Its normal for BP to be a little high at a Dr or hospital appointment so try not to worry as the pp said worrying can make it high

It could easily be anxiety. I've never had high blood pressure either, but when I went for my first appointment at 10 weeks, I was a bundle of nerves and had a pressure of 140/90 TWICE! Obviously it only made me freak out even more. My doctor asked me to stop by the office later in the week (on my way home from work) just to check my pressure, and it was back down to within the normal range.

Maybe go back and have a nurse check it again? Are there clinics that can measure your BP, or a pharmacy? I know that the pharmacy near me has BP clinics a few times a week where anyone can walk in and have theirs checked. It might give you a bit of peace of mind.

Good luck!

Thank-you for your responses :)

They did not say the number but one of them was 138 if I remember rightly, I have got to phone the drs on monday for them to tell me I am pregnant (for some reason they have sent my urine sample of to the labs instead of just doing a test there and then) I know I am pregnant as I have done loadssss of tests :p and she said she will then get me back in to re do my blood pressure some point next week but I may pop into chemist and see if they will do it for me..

Thank-you xx

You might need magnesium. Pregnancy hormones can result into the body lacking magnesium and when you lack magnesium blood pressure can be high.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->