• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

high bp

nilllabean26

Reaction score
Have any of u had ed experience with high blood pressure before and during pregnancy.. not on meds and have a healthy baby?

I have high bp that's not pregnancy related, but I am on meds to control.

I have a healthy 2 yo lying next to me who was born slightly light but quickly grew I was on 200mg labetelol twice a day.

This pregnancy all seems on track growth at 50%ctile (son was born on the 4th) and I'm only on 100mg twice a day.

I think the risks of high bp including thickening of your heart muscle, sudden drops causing your baby distress make it worthwhile for me to take the meds.

Also worth checking is if you have white coat syndrome and monitoring at home on your own monitor.

I'm not on meds. My first hospital told me I washing risk and waited told week 12 to let me see my first ob and he didn't want to give me meds until I saw high risk. Then he never put a referral in for me to see high risk.

I changed hospitals, and my new doctor said I might not be put on meds because my baby is used to high bp. It only scares me more. She told me to schedule appt with general doctor so they can run some tests...I'm still very worked not being on any meds. I'm scared of miscarriage and stillbirth. And it doesn't help how steward I have been and how much I cry because of info and treatment of last hospital.

That sounds strange and I'd be pushing for another opinion if I were you. My Dr changes my meds if my bp goes up to 130/90.

I would also recommend buying a monitor at home for your own peace of mind.

Oh and the tests they do aren't scary, they tend to be bloods and maybe some ultrasounds on kidneys/heart. O had a 24 hour monitor on as well.

When first diagnosed they didn't put me on meds until these tests had all been done!

That sounds strange and I'd be pushing for another opinion if I were you. My Dr changes my meds if my bp goes up to 130/90.

I have that and it's always high when I check at home. Doesn't mean anything without any help.

I had high BP, made it to 41 weeks without medication and had an easy labor and a healthy baby. :flower: I was induced though, and I had an epidural, but it was a great birth experience so I have no regrets.

My OB wanted to induce me at 40 weeks but I fought it, and he let my mother (a nurse) monitor me at home, and my BP was always lower at home. I wasn't induced until an ultrasound at 41 weeks showed some concerns. We bought a BP monitor from Walgreens and it worked perfectly!

I have that and it's always high when I check at home. Doesn't mean anything without any help.

I'd take all your readings and not leave the dr until you have an answer or an appointment with high risk.

I have read that as its pre 20 weeks its likely to be chronic hypertension rather than pre-e and to hopefully set your mind at rest even with hypertension I never developed pre-e.

I had high BP, made it to 41 weeks without medication and had an easy labor and a healthy baby. :flower: I was induced though, and I had an epidural, but it was a great birth experience so I have no regrets.

My OB wanted to induce me at 40 weeks but I fought it, and he let my mother (a nurse) monitor me at home, and my BP was always lower at home. I wasn't induced until an ultrasound at 41 weeks showed some concerns. We bought a BP monitor from Walgreens and it worked perfectly!
Thanks ladies
Kat can I ask wat was your bp reading at highest and lowest

I'd take all your readings and not leave the dr until you have an answer or an appointment with high risk.

I have read that as its pre 20 weeks its likely to be chronic hypertension rather than pre-e and to hopefully set your mind at rest even with hypertension I never developed pre-e.
o_o had an appt ye sad treat which wasn't too helpful.. after complaining in email, my ob scheduled me with high risk consult for Jan 13th.

To maybe put your mind at peace my bp was running at 160/120 for over 2 months and that was on max dose of labetalol and methyldopa, with a good dose of nifedipine thrown in too. High BP needs to be closely monitored, but the idea that you shouldn't lower it as a baby is used to high bp is tosh, uncontrolled high bp raises the risk of pre-e. You're quite early though so I wouldn't be too worried about waiting, bu tI would get a home monitor and check it daily in case it keeps rising. As a rule anything 20 points higher than it was at your first appointment, or anything over 130/90 warrants a call to your doctor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->