High calorie finger foods

Kanichen34

Reaction score
My daughter is just over 8 months old and has been weaning since 5.5 months. We have been doing a combination of tw and finger foods. She greatly prefers finger foods and has to be in the mood for spoon feeding. Sometimes she'll eat half a jar of baby food - other times you can't get a single spoonful in her. Her hand eye co ordination is great though so a fair amount of what she's eating goes in but she does tend to open her hand flat against her mouth as she's trying to push the food in and consequently drops it....

She's growing well and following her growth line but is still breastfeeding regularly. She's still feeding every 2.5 hours and in the last few weeks now takes both boobs at every feed, whereas one used to be all she needed. This coincides with her stopping commando crawling and starting to crawl properly so she's obviously burning more calories.

Just looking for some suggestions for some high calorie finger foods to try and get her going longer between milk feeds. I'll obviously keep feeding her as long as she wants it but some more sleep would be nice! She loves avocado but doesn't seem that keen on banana but eats pretty much everything we've put in front of her.

Yes Imogen is a cheese fiend too! Cheese omelettes and cheese on toast go down a storm.

It is amazing the foods that can be given as finger foods.

Some things I've done are; homemade fish fingers, thick noodles (cooked and then cut down into manageable strips), pasta, potatoes, pretty much all veg actually, lentil balls. mushed bean balls, meat balls, omelette strips, chicken, beef...

I tend to just seperate out parts of our food.

High calorie finger foods I can think of - avocado, cheese, strips of soft meat (if you've roasted any, red meat is tender enough), pitta with full fat houmous, toast with sugarfree peanut butter, baked sweet potato wedges, homemade 'cheese twists' - I find the supermarket ones quite salty - just get a sheet of ready made puff pastry, brush with a little melted butter, sprinkle with any hard cheese she likes and cut in strips or roll up and cut in circles and bake, pasta - plain or with cheese on, pancakes (sweet or savory). Flatbreads with meat or vegetarian.
My daughter used to manage any of those by 8 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->