high chair Q

butrfly

Mom to Sweet Elijah
Reaction score
until what age do LOs sit in the high chair?

am about to wean Elijah and wondered which high chair is best recommended to see him through from when he begins (6mos) til he is able to sit on a normal chair and reach tabletop.

I'm in the US so we have different products but we have a Fisher-Price on...or had actually...for Hayden and I loved it. It had different height positions so it would fit any table and he would still fit in it now at over 2 but we have him in a booster chair attached to the regular chair. Next time though I really want a Chicco high chair because I love their products :)

We have a Stokke Tripp Trapp which Freya has been sitting in for about a month now, it has different height positions and lasts 'til they are really old as it converts to a chair. :)

We bought a Chicco high chair but regretting it now as it isn't very BLW friendly - the tray is too high. I wish I had bought a Tripp Trapp instead, it looks great.

We have this Chicco one
https://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41KaIsJkgJL._SX315_SY375_PImothercare16percentoff,BottomRight,-10,-10_SX315_SY375_.jpg

I have no idea what the upper age limit is but shes nowhere near being able to reach the foot rest so I think we're safe for a while!

In fact, we had to pad the seat up a bit as she was too short to reach the tray otherwise lol

We have just brought the Danchair from Babydan, LO can then join us at the table.

i have the chicco one in blue think caden wa about 6 months wen he first went in it. i liked the chicco one as it reclines.

i liked the chicco one as it reclines.

thats the reason i chose that one,because Ethan who is now almost 7 was forever falling asleep in his highchair after he had finished...(and sometimes when he hadnt!!) so i wanted a recliner one just incase ern was the same!! lol

We've jsut bought a chico hi-lo one. getting prepared. It has six different heights, and also reclines. There is an extra layer of padding for small babies, and then u can take that out when they get bigger!

We sat him in the the other night while we were eatingto get him used to it. he looked super comfy! LOL

We have this Chicco one
https://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41KaIsJkgJL._SX315_SY375_PImothercare16percentoff,BottomRight,-10,-10_SX315_SY375_.jpg

I have no idea what the upper age limit is but shes nowhere near being able to reach the foot rest so I think we're safe for a while!

In fact, we had to pad the seat up a bit as she was too short to reach the tray otherwise lol

we have this one too but regret getting it big time! the tray is too high and its got too many nooks and crannies for food to get into. plus the basket is a waste of time as just gets full up with food! :dohh:

ETA: we now use it with the tray off and just have it pushed up against the table which works much better.

My daughter is 4.5 months and I am weaning early. I just bought a Fisherprice Rainforest chair. It was £73.99 on Amazon and seems to be a great job. The seat reclines and so she can use it already and their are 7 adjustments on the height so it works to sit at the table, watch me washing up, sit at the settee level etc etc. Took me about 30 mins to build and I am very pleased with it. It isn't very compact when folded up and that's my only negative with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->