High estrogen - 1st time ivf

Lirpa11

Reaction score
Hi, just wondering if anyone else can give some success stories,words of advice here :)

I just spoke to the nurse. I am on my first ivf cycle, currently CD6, and the fifth day of shots. I've had 100iui puregon for five days, then today I've also had 250iui orgalatron, and one click ovidril.

The nurse said I may be going to theatre early as my estrogen is already 1800, and I pick up my trigger tomorrow. She said I may go as early as Monday depending on how the U/S goes tomorrow morning so be prepared. She said it may stretch out till longer, but to just be prepared either way.

Reading on here, high estrogen can result in OHSS which i definitely do not want!!! Does anyone else have any experience please? I have no clue and don't know what to expect.

I feel quite bloated already, so hope the ultrasound gives some good answers.

Praying this works xx

Lirpa, estrogen levels depend on the number follicles. On my last stim IVf I had only 3 follicles growing (the rest were too small) and on day 6 (3 days of stims) my estrogen was 1,537 and on day 9 my estrogen was 4,162. I was triggered on day 11. I was a poor responder – the opposite of OHSS. But definitely ask your doctor (not a nurse) if you are concerned.

Lirpa! Congrats on starting the IVF process. Regarding OHSS, just make sure you drink lots of gatorade. I heard eating ramen noodles can also help. Probably because it has a lot of sodium in the soup base. A high protein diet, supposedly, can also help w/ OHSS. Good luck! Will be stalking to see the result :D

Estrogen in and of itself is actually a poor prognosticator of OHSS. You need to look at other factors (most importantly how many follicles and how many "medium" sized ones).

My estrogen at day 6 was a bit higher than yours at 1900, at day 8 it was 3900 and I have no idea what it was on day 10 when I triggered. It was also high in my last IVF, though not as high, as it was about 2800 at day 8. But I had about half as many follicles then.

They can help control OHSS with preventative meds and you can switch to a high protein, high salt, Gatorade diet. I am living this nightmare at the moment, it's only been a few days of eating massive amounts of meat and I'm already over it!

My estrogen was similar to the poster above me, doubling every 48 hours and I got a pretty miserable case of ohss, despite starting the gatorade early and doing the high salt high protein diet. It was quite horrible. We had to freeze all embryos because my dr wouldn't risk it getting worse with a pregnancy. I had 22 eggs retrieved.
It did go away after 2 weeks and everything turned out great in the end.

Thanks everyone, my estrogen was 3,118 on Friday. It's now Sunday and I have my trigger tonight and egg collection Tuesday morning :)

The doctors seem fine and not worried so hopefully it all goes to plan!

I've been drinking lots of water to stay hydrated and have Gatorade ready for Tuesday arvo :)

Sorry to hear that 3chords! :( it can't be nice. Have u been in much pain? Vomiting?

And lanet, how long after did you gets transfer once the ohss was gone?

Hi ILT! Hoping we get a BFP for this and are finally through with the TTC thing for awhile. How are you going? We are just about to make some noodles now :)

Also, from what I've read my e level isn't all that high. I just worried as they said I may go to theatre earlier. Hopefully that just means I am responding well to it all.

I transferred 63 days after retrieval, so about 6 weeks after ohss went away. Mainly bc I had to start injections for fet. It was all worth it, both embies stuck and I'm 26 weeks oth boy/girl twins!
Ohss is rare to get, my dr didn't think I would really get it, could be a fluke thing, I'm sure you'll be fine!

Thanks lanet. I'm sure I'll be fine, thinking positive!

Congratulations! You must be over they moon. It was all worth it in the end :)

Congrats lanet!

I'm now 3 days post retrieval and actually doing very well. I have had to measure my urine output (as against how much I am drinking) and my output has been WAY higher than input so I am peeing all the fluid out it seems. No bloating, no weight gain, but terrible constipation and feeling horrible from taking Dostinex every night as an OHSS preventative.

At this point I think we're good to do the transfer. :)

Just wanted to update that much like lanet, I ended up having to do a freeze-all cycle.

Aiming for FET in about 8 weeks or so.

Oh no, how are you feeling? It really is for the best. And I read a study that said people with ohss have a much higher pregnancy rate, both during fresh and subsequent frozen cycles. Proved true in my case.

I am feeling like crap, lol.

My bloating is not nearly as bad as yours (I saw the pics you posted), the issue is more absolutely horrendous nausea, diarrhea (like for hours, sorry for TMI), abdominal pain, etc. It all began for me on the third day post-ER, that evening actually, I swear I thought I was going to die throughout the night and next day.

I am on Dostinex which is the devil's own drug. It is supposed to prevent OHSS so they have me on it for 10 days and the side effects are brutal, basically compounding the symptoms and making them worse.

My doctor did say that he believes outcomes are a bit compromised if you get a BFP with OHSS so in that sense I'm glad we have moved on. I think that my body is just so stressed now that it needs some time to recover.

Lanet - when did you stop your meds (estrogen/progesterone) when you had OHSS and how soon did you start bleeding after that? I stopped my meds today (took them in the morning of day 5 but not afterwards), doctor thought within 10-14 days I should start AF. Not that it really matters to me but I'd like to try to compute out the days for FET as it makes a difference to my work schedule. Also, was the AF brutal? My lining at trigger was 15mm so I am expecting the floodgates to open...

I was so lucky that I didnt have nausea, I was just so bloated I couldn't breathe! My symptoms got worse at day 5 and 6, I started gaining 4lbs a day. After I stopped the meds I think it was about 11 days until af, and it wasn't so bad, actually a relief bc when AF comes, those crazy hormones leave.
I was able to choose the day of the week for my FET, but had to be a certain week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->