High fever scares

Gretaa

Reaction score
I ran a high fever of approx 39 Celcius for few days until I was seen by a doc and given antibiotics for tonsillitis. Of course, I was trying my best to manage the temp with paracetamol but couldn't help and google fever in early pg and bloody hell it scared me :( A very high fever can cause miscarriage or serious birth defects.

Please tell me all will be ok :cry: I couldn't go through another miscarriage just because of some stupid fever. Any of you had a fever in early pg before and all was well at the end?

I can't help at all, but just wanted to offer some empathy. I'm in a very similar situation. I'm at work feeling terrible. I can't take my temperature, but I know I have a fever. Like you I did some googling and terrified myself. I have also had a miscarriage and am just shy of 7 weeks again now.

Anyway, I wish I could help, but just wanted to say good luck and that I completely understand.

I can't help at all, but just wanted to offer some empathy. I'm in a very similar situation. I'm at work feeling terrible. I can't take my temperature, but I know I have a fever. Like you I did some googling and terrified myself. I have also had a miscarriage and am just shy of 7 weeks again now.

Anyway, I wish I could help, but just wanted to say good luck and that I completely understand.

Oh no, I hope you feel better soon :( :hugs:

My fever has completely gone down but I'm still on antibiotics for this coming week. I just can't get that thought of serious damage out of my head :/

Praying it'll all be perfectly fine for both of us :thumbup:

I think we'll be ok. My husband is a family doctor. He told me to take some tylenol (paracetamol), but otherwise didn't seem concerned (of course he never seems concerned over things that make me panic). I think I just have a cold though. I'm sorry you had to suffer through tonsillitis, what terrible timing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->