High HCG and Progesterone!!!

babyplease81

Reaction score
Hi All!
Just got my blood tests back and at 4 + 3 my HCG is 1145 and my progesterone is 132!!!!! (I'm not on any meds, just prenatal and a B50 complex). I am also sure of my dates because of OPK tests. Doctor said all is looking really good however when I check with average numbers online my numbers seem REALLY high!! My doctor sounded happy and not worried at all but I can't help but wonder.
I know high numbers is a good sign.. but can they be too high??
:wacko:

THANKS!

High numbers can sometimes mean multiples but not always.
The range for hCG day by day is quite wide I think so some women will just have high levels and go on to have a single pregnancy.

Mine at 5 +4 were about 6500 which I think is good but I've not had another test to see if they are doubling every couple of days.

Will they be re-testing you?

Thanks! I did the blood test on my own just for reassurance. I was planning on going back tomorrow but my doctor said don't worry those are good numbers and you are definitely pregnant!
I'm not as worried about the hcg but I thought my progesterone sounded high. I read normal range is 9-47!

Hi Babyplease, I had my progesterone checked at 7 days past ovulation this cycle and it was 91! I'm having it tested again on Thursday to see if it has risen, I've also read that this could indicate multiples!

Hi Babyplease, I had my progesterone checked at 7 days past ovulation this cycle and it was 91! I'm having it tested again on Thursday to see if it has risen, I've also read that this could indicate multiples!

wow! i only care about a healthy baby but multiples would be a complete shock!!!!! Also, I live in Canada so I was thinking maybe they measure progesterone differently. I put a call into my doctor to see what measurement it is in.
Keep me posted on your Thursday results! What did your doctor say about your initial level of 91? I keep reading the higher the better ie: strong pregnancy but I wonder if there is an upper limit!
I have a scan May 7th so we'll see!!!!

I haven't seen my doctor as yet, I'm going in after the test on Thursday to confirm it all once I've had the test again, cant wait but also a bit scared
I'll let you know what it is once I get the result, you'll have to let us know how you get on at your scan x

At 11dpo my hCG was 50, progesterone 95
13dpo hCG was 195, progesterone 115

Have more bloods tomorrow (4w6d) so will see what happens. I think yours and mine are higher than normal but there is no such thing as too much progesterone :happydance:

hi there. I was also in the same boat as you. Worried about high numbers. I did not have progesterone done but heres my hcg. 4+4 = 1373, 4+6 = 4008 and 5+3 they were over 12,000. I was worried but the doctor was not concerned at all. I had a scan at 7 weeks and there was just one in there and all healthy and looking good. Now 10+5 looking forward to the 12 week scan on 7th may. I think your numbers are fine. Don't worry ;) xx

Thanks everyone! That makes me feel alot better. I hope our high numbers all mean we have strong and healthy little beans!!! :happydance:

Let's keep eachother up to date on our progress!

I will do my digi Thursday am and if I see a 3+ then I will probably not do another blood test. I did my blood test at around 3pm yesterday so I think tomorrow AM would be too early to try for a 3+.. although I might not beable to hold myself back :wacko:

In my case, high progesterone levels indicated multiples -- three, in fact. I wouldn't worry about having too much progesterone though. My doctor has me on progesterone supplements from 4 weeks to 13 weeks "just in case" due to previous miscarriages. He said too much of it won't harm the babies at all.

Jessa...I bet you are told so many times how lucky you are to have triplets but I know it is a challenging pregnancy and I bet your difficult journey is what has prepared you for that awesome challenge! :thumbup: I am so so pleased for you!

babyplease...I got my 3+ on Monday at 4+4!!! Looked up on the Clearblue website what the thresholds are for the different results on the digi and found this:
https://clearblue.com/uk/HCP/pdf/CI_monograph.pdf
(page 16 under "Design:")

1-2.......25-200miu
2-4.......200-20000miu
3+........20000miu and over!

I really think that is a misprint for 3+ and should be more like 2000 because 20000 is higher than any twin pregnancy even gets at 5 weeks!

Jessa...I bet you are told so many times how lucky you are to have triplets but I know it is a challenging pregnancy and I bet your difficult journey is what has prepared you for that awesome challenge! :thumbup: I am so so pleased for you!

babyplease...I got my 3+ on Monday at 4+4!!! Looked up on the Clearblue website what the thresholds are for the different results on the digi and found this:
https://clearblue.com/uk/HCP/pdf/CI_monograph.pdf
(page 16 under "Design:")

1-2.......25-200miu
2-4.......200-20000miu
3+........20000miu and over!

I really think that is a misprint for 3+ and should be more like 2000 because 20000 is higher than any twin pregnancy even gets at 5 weeks!

I just did my digi at 4+5 and got 3+ too!!!!!!! I am excited about it since my bloods at 4+3 at 3pm were 1145 so this means I am doubling nicely. I just don't understand why beta base has the average for 19dpo as 602 and we are clearly over 2000 ( I agree its a typo at 20,000 for sure!!! I think I read somewhere someone called clearblue and they admitted to the error).
I hope our high numbers just mean extra strong and healthy little beans!!!

I just thought I'd let everyone know that I think I have found the reason my progesterone was 132. I think in Canada we use a different measurement for Pregesterone, nmol/L instead of ng/ml. So basically I read I divide my 132 by 3.18 (thats the conversion to get it to ng/ml) and my number is 41.5 ng/ml which is still high but no where near the crazy level I thought I had and in the normal range of 9-47 ng/ml for first tri given.
I read some clinics in london use nmol/L too so maybe thats why some others think their numbers are exceptionally high as well.
Anyways, thought this may help some of you. Took me alot of research to finally find that!
I'm still not 100% this applies to my number as I haven't been able to contact my doctor to check how my levels were measured but it seems like in Canada it is nmol/L. So at least for now I feel better :happydance:

Hmmm....i wonder which unit they use in the uk :shrug:

20dpo Hcg back at 4650!!! :wohoo:

Scan on Tuesday...:happydance:

Hi, progesterone can be measured in nmol or ng. Seems like you have nmol. To get to ng divide by 3.18. The normal range for ng is 4-47 so you're fine. Differnet countries use different measurements thats all x

20dpo Hcg back at 4650!!! :wohoo:

Scan on Tuesday...:happydance:

Congrats 2016!!! Thats a nice strong beta!!!
Let me know when you find out about your progesterone! I wonder if we are both in nmol. I am waiting for my doc to call me back :hugs:

I was so happy about the hcg I forgot to ask about the progesterone :dohh: sorry...will ask at my scan on Tuesday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->